Pep Boys / overbooking and slow service

I called the Pep Boys location in Hueytown, Al on March 15, 2017 and scheduled an appt for March 16, 2017 at 7 a.m., which meant I should have been the first customer serviced. Unfortunately, that was not the case. First, they did not unlock the doors until about 7:10 and that was because another customer, that was standing outside in the cold, got their attn.

Secondly, they knew upfront that I would be waiting as my car is my ONLY means of transportation. I didn't get a diagnosis until after 9 a.m. and once I was convinced to have the work done, I was told the needed part wld be there by 11 a.m. and my car wld be ready that afternoon.

I overheard a conversation between the manager and a tech regarding them already having alot of customers from the day before. I let them know that I wld be willing to bring my car back but was told that the part was already en route so I decided to leave it.

An employee took me home about 10:30 and about 2:30 p.m. I called for an update and was told they were STILL waiting on the part. I called back about 4:45 and was immediately placed on hold, nobody ever came back to the phone.

I have been without my car since 7 a.m. and missed work, doctor's appts and running errands. As I submit this complaint, it is now after 5:00 p.m. and still no car and no updates.

This is very much unacceptable and inconsiderate of people's time but they expect their money.

I will NEVER use ANY pep boys location again.

Sh