Pep Boys / poor repair

Marlow Heights, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: (301) 423-2522

I went to Pepboys from a 29 minute oil change & a tire rotation on 12/05/09. I arrive before 9:00am. They completed the job at2:25pm.
I watched the service from the waiting room windows. I notice that the technician did not rotate my tires. He took my car off the rack. I went to his supervisor and said that my tires where not rotated. The technician said that they did not look like they needed rotations. I told him that I paid for the rotations and needed them done. His supervisor told him to put my car back on the rack and rotate them. I watched through the window and saw him take my tires off and rotated them. I could only see the driver side. I got my car back and went home. The next day I heard tire noises. The next day after that the noise got louder. The following morning I looked at my tires and notice that one of my hub caps were missing and some of my lug nuts were missing on the passager side. I also notice that the lug nuts were put on finger thight. Some of the lug nuts were real loose. Did the technician do this on purpose and try to kill me and my family or was this an error?. I went but to Pepboys. The supervisor reprimanded the technician and told him to apolgize to me. They corrected the tightening of the rest of my lug nuts. They did not have any replacement nuts. I had to go online and spend over $50.00 to get a replacement hub caps and the missing lug nuts. The Pepboys was located at 4500 St. Barnabas Rd. in Marlow Heights Maryland [protected]

I could have killed my family or someone else.

Comments

• Le
      Jan 27, 2010

i'm glad that no one got hurt but i can't believe what i'm reading i think the same thing happened to me because i'm hearing loud knocking and experiencing a lot of hard jerking and they worked on my car end of December 2009. i tell you what if more people come forward may be consider further action. (negligence).

• Do
      Jun 13, 2010

when i went for an allignment job i was missing a hub cap and my car was making a loud knocking sound when i hit the brakes

• Da
      May 25, 2012

The commercial manger Charles Proctor is so disrespectful every time I go in there. HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!! He held a personnel conversation for 5 min before attempting to help me then said I don't handle transfers and what makes it worst I'm a employee at another Pepboys that what makes it sad... So Shawn Patterson if you read this Fire him please or demote him to a driver. His customer/employee service sucks!!

• Ke
      Mar 28, 2013

I can't comment on the complaint off service because i work on my own vehicles (or take them to the dealership for jobs i can't handle) but this pepboys is in my neighborhood and is where i purchase my parts. That comment Danny made is hard to believe. I think he's talking about the guy i go to for help. I don't know how long but he's been there for years. He works in the back now but i still go to him cause he always understands what im looking for and gets me what i need.

• Li
      May 04, 2016

I took my 92 blazer to pepboys last week to have them check it and let me no whats going on remind u I just put rear leaf springs, brakes front and back new tires etc. Only to get my truck back and the tell me I need lower ball joints a rear end and trans mount and Thts new. Anyway took my truck to shop on brandy ave the next day to only hear truck has alot of new parts just need valve cover gasket. Sad.pepboys only do and okay job when there working on the side out of the bae