Pep Boys / customer service/ tires

1 1317 Triangle DriveClarksville, IN, United States
Phone: 812-285-0505

3 years ago my husband purchased a full set of tires for our vehicle from Pep boys. The tires were 75, 000 mile tires with a mileage warranty on them. We hadn't had any problems with the tires until recently when one of the tires began loosing air. On December 10, 2010, we took our vehicle to Pep Boys to have the tires checked and rotated again. The service manager was working the service desk told us it would be an hour to an hour and a half before they could get to our vehicle if we wanted to wait which was fine until the wait turned into a 3 hour wait . Finally our vehicle is bought into service area and lifted up on racks. Our vehicle set up in the air on racks for approximately 30 minutes no one doing anything. Still not seeing anyone doing anything to our vehicle. A service guy then comes out of the service area tells us they can't do anything for us that the 75, 000 mile tires we purchased from them was now worn and that we needed to purchase new tires. Mileage on our vehicle from date of purchase of the tires showed that we had only driven 50, 000 miles on the 75, 000 mile tires. Instead of replacing the tires for free that were still under a mileage warranty Pep boys offered to pro rate the difference towards cost of new tires, knocking $26 off each new individual tire for a set of 4 which we felt wasn't right on Pep Boys part. We had to leave pep boys with no service being done to our tires. Today I had to go into town to the store when I came out of the store I had a flat tire. Do you know how upsetting it was knowing we had just been to Pep boys yesterday trying to have them look at our tires. It was more upsetting because I am a woman and pep boys shouldn't have put me in that position. Thanks alot Pep Boys.