Pep Boys / rip off
I purchased a Baja 50cc ATV four wheeler from Pep Boys for my son. That was the worst mistake I have ever made! After 1 1/2 hours of driving time on this machine, it failed to start. I contacted Baja within the 90 day warranty period to let them know about the problem and they refused to fix it. Not to mention hanging up in my face. Pep Boys also refused to have any part of it. Pep boys did refer me to a hole in the wall mechanic shop, Acworth Cycle. Talk about a bunch of losers!!
I took Pep boys word that they were good and that they refer all of their ATV work to them. Boy do I feel like an idiot! I was quoted between $40-$60 dollars to clean the carburetor. And that it would be ready in 3 days. Ten days later, I contacted the mechanic and was told that my Baja 50 was just finished this day and that the cost of fixing it would be $250 by the owner of the place. When I questioned him as to why he would do unauthorized work on my machine without contacting me first, He told me that I should just come pay it and make my kid happy. Then told me if I brought him $215 cash, he would give me a discount. Hilarious! As we argued the point, he asked if I wanted them to put it back like it was. I told him yes! Then he told me... OK, I'll just *** it up then!!! Then he told me that that's what I get for buying a piece of [censored]! I was told that I would be contacted when they were finished [censored]ing up my machine so I can come pick it up. I apologize to any readers for the language in this letter. I am only quoting his words. Avoid any of these 3 companies mentioned here at all costs. I can't wait to have my day in court. They will all be summoned. Do not buy BAJA! Save yourself a lot of money and headaches. This BAJA 50 is still new and I'm sure that my child will never get to ride it again.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - scam 
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor.
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!
- Pep Boys - lied about service they provide/bad customer service 
- Pep Boys - tires, cv axle boot, intake hose