Pep Boys / the truth from an employee
I have worked at Pep Boys now for 5 years, in 3 different Pep Boys stores in 2 different states. They are all the same. Customer service (aside from myself, of course) is just horrible. It's a joke. They do NOT care about their customers. The service department is even more of a joke, really. They ONLY care about MONEY! Probably because they are going broke fast. They will absolutely lie to you to get as much money as possible. They have even tried it on me, and I am an employee! Every last part in the store is very cheap & way overpriced.
Also, Pep Boys did not give ANY employees raises this year. Even the managers were not given any kind of pay increase. Employees who have worked for the company for 10+ years are quitting left and right. The CFO and the CEO both resigned recently. Even they know that the company is failing. I am 99% sure that the entire company will be history in the near future..
From the inside, honestly, go to Autozone.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - Service starter
- Pep Boys - tire services
- Pep Boys Corporate Lack of Customer Care - tire purchase
- Pep Boys - bought bad starter at pep boys
- Pep Boys - tires