Pep Boys / if you value your life do not go to pep boys

I took my 2002 Mazda 626 to Pep Boys in Laurel, MD for front brake pads. They told me it was my rear drums that needed to be replaced. I thought it was odd because I have 2WD not 4WD. So I let him put the drums on. Immediately I heard a loud screeching noise, but he reassured me it would go away after 4-5 days. NOPE! 2 weeks past and I still heard it. I took it back and he told me it was a manufacturing problem with the brakes. So I knew he was lying because I have never had problems with my brakes and my car was brand new when I bought it. I came back again the next day and someone else worked on it and all they did was put a bunch of lube on it to stop the noise. Once it dried up the noise started and is even louder and my car doesn't always come to a complete stop! I paid $350.00 for them to destroy my brakes! Thanks Pep Boys for all the unnecessary money I spent and all the damage you have caused my car!

FYI... I am seeking legal advice for loss and damages.

Comments

• Re
      4th of Dec, 2009

Do you even know what 4wd and 2wd stand for?
    Did they replace the brake shoes as well, or just the drums? If they replaced only the drums, you haved been matched in ignorance as the WD in 2 or 4 WD stands for wheel drive...not wheel drums or anything else.

• Ky
      15th of Jan, 2011

Yes I have been burned by Pep Boys several time through the years and should have known better. This last time I was suppose to receive a rebate equal to the price of one tire. That was a years ago and a certified letter. I have been in business for many years and just can't figure out what makes this company tick. One thing is obvious many of the employees are some-what incompetent and I am being polite. However I have always said: A company is operated from the top down not from the bottom up, "go figure". We must make every effort not to deal with this company and tell others of our experiences.
    KYMIKE Louisville KY