Pep Boys / riped off

1 Anaheim Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

Everyone, watch out for pep boys anaheim hills ca.!!! Took my jeep grand cherokee in for a radiator check and repair if possible for a leak. Radiator was not repairable and agreed to replace. Also at the advise of the service rep, replaced thermostat because of the mileage on vehicle. After work was complete, got vehicle home and found fan shroud cracked and "gluded" back in place. Took it back and problem was handled by manager. Steve kennedy. He told me that they did not break the part but would replace it free of charge. Hu? Why would they replace it if they did not break it? He had to order part and would take a couple weeks. Part arrived and was wrong part number. Would have to reorder.in the same conversation, steve kennedy asked if they could fix it to make it look good so he would not have to eat a $675.00 fan shroud? Told him no. He said he would call me when the part arrived. Well, it never arrived and he never called! Steve kennedy is never available to answer my calls and continues to avoid me. After filing a complaint with the bbb, they also have failed on returning an answer to my complaint! What is going on here? Does steve have a brother at the bbb? Next stop, dept of automotive repair! Steve kennedy and the mechanic should be terminated for unethical business practices!!! (If they haven't already been). If I conducted my own business like this, I would be out of business in a heartbeat.

Comments

• Ha
      5th of Nov, 2009

most people who complain about being ripped off are just mad because they didn't get something free. Pep boys doesnt owe you anything. I found the biggest complainers are the ones who were mad that they couldn't rip pep boys off.

18th of Jan, 2010

You are an Idiot..

• Mi
      13th of May, 2010

why do you need a 675 dollar fan shroud anyways? does the crack affect anything in the operation of your vehicle???? could it be that the plastic was old and brittle from being overheated? you clearly didnt maintain your coolant system otherwise you wouldnt have a blown radiator, radiators only deteriorate when the coolant is neglected and NOT ever flushed. so now why all of a sudden do you care so much about a part that works when cracked or uncracked when you so clearly didnt care about the maintenance of the cooling system in the first place? YOu obviously want something for free. I understand your philosophy of "IT WASNT CRACKED WHEN I BROUGHT IT IN" but guess what? its not their fault that YOUR old and neglected vehicle fell apart while they were trying to repair it for you at the lowest price in town.