PeopleVerified.com / Unauthorized charges

I used the website www.peopleverified.com only once. I needed to register here and indicated my card. I paid $2.00 as it was mentioned on the website, but after several days I noticed two unauthorized charges. These scammers took $78 from me, and no one sent me any notification email or warning. I tried to cancel the registration, but nothing, all my personal info remained there. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

Wa
Apr 3, 2014

More PeopleVerified.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Vi
      25th of Oct, 2012
    PeopleVerified.com - They are defrauding costumers!
    PeopleVerified.com

PeopleVerified.com is a company that is defrauding costumers. They charged me money for the product I cancelled and now I can’t get my money back. They also keep charging me every month and say that I cancelled too late. I know that according to the law I have 3 days for cancellation and I managed to do it.

• Ri
      29th of Oct, 2012

call 1-888-884-9998 and ask for a refund :)

17th of Oct, 2014

The same thing happened to me. I used People Verified for a one-time-only purchase to verify a phone number for 99 cents. IDID NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR SERVICE. Eight days later I received another chargeto my bank for $19.99. I am reporting this to my bank and anyone else I can find nto complain to.. Haven't checked yet if they are registered with the Better Business Bureau, but who knows in what state they are located. Good luck with your case. I'm also going to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency. Good luck to you for a resolution to your problem.

17th of Oct, 2014
    People Verified - Fraudulent charge to my bank account
    People Verified
    790 Ironwood Dr 219A
    San Jose
    California
    Phone: 209-202-4914
    peopleverified.com

I used People Verified for a one-time-only purchase to verify a phone number for 99 cents. IDID NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR SERVICE. Eight days later I received another charge to my bank account for $19.99.
    I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.

25th of Apr, 2015

I had the same experience with People Verified.com I accepted their 99 cent offer for a one time look up of a phone number. on Feb.13. I used my PayPal account and just today, Apr. 25 noticed three charges on my PayPal account for 19.98 I called PayPal and they started a process to hear People Verified's side of the story. No telling how this will turn out. At least they will not be able to make further charges on my PayPal account. In recent years PayPal has been more responsive than my credit cards in such matters so I am hopeful. I am going to track those people down if they are in continental US.

13th of May, 2015

I received a bill for 23.99 from People verified. I did not use the service. What else can I do about it.
    Thanks,

13th of May, 2015

I was Charged 23.999 By people verified and I did not use the service. What else can I do about it?
    Thanks, C. T.

• Ju
      20th of May, 2015

In checking my bank account, I noticed I was charged unauthorized 29.00, how do I get my money back and stop this company
    from taking money out of my account with out authorization,

• Ta
      28th of May, 2015
    People Verified - Fraudulent charge to my bank account
    People Verified
    308 clay st.
    Wilmington
    Phone: 9103981896

I been trying to cancel my membership for like two weeks now and nothing happened but it seems that they keep charging my card for 19.98 if this matter is not handled i guess my only option is to get me a lawyer.

7th of Sep, 2015

continuous debits from bank account after cancellation with emailed confirmation.

Requesting full Refund of all charges which are attached.

• Ke
      17th of Oct, 2015

They have been charging me for month's. I didn't even know.

• Ju
      5th of Nov, 2015

I to am having problems with this company, I have never used them or their services, thought that I had got out of the page before the credit card could be used. This is down right theft, and the Legal system should be able to help, and they are making money off of retired people and we have no recourse in this matter, even the bank can't help.

Please i someone knows how to stop these people please let me know at [protected]@bell.net

• Pe
      5th of Dec, 2015

I have NEVER used your services and I want MY 23.99 back

28th of Dec, 2015

Actually their company name is different. I Think it is called Inflection.
    I never check my bank account. Yesterday I noticed they had charged me for 13 months. I have charged for more than 200$.
    Please with me report this company to BBB.

• Ut
      7th of Apr, 2016

I used the service once and they have been charging my Pay Pal account for months. It is disturbing that state and federal " Consumer Protection "
    agencies ignore this predatory and dishonest practice.