Peoples First Financial Services / Loan Modification

1 6755 Mira Mesa Blvd., Suite 123-425San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-499-0822

Well I guess I was another consumer that was scammed by PFF. I was told by Brian H. a customer service rep at PFF that they would be able to get a "loan modification" approved for us in order to allow us to keep our home from going to foreclosure. All we had to do was forward finalcial information (which included, bank statements, paycheck stubs, past years 1040's, copies of full tax filing paperwork, etc)
We contracted PFF in early October, sent all the pertinent infomation as requested, made several updated faxes and phone calls. After December 1st, the reps for PFF were getting harder and harder to get a hold of. Not returning my calls, emails or faxes for days. Not giving me a definate answer of ans sort.
Long story short my house was set for a sale date of 1/6/09 @ 11 am est. Woohoo!!! guess what... I finally received a call from a PFF mitigation specialist at 9pm est on 1/5/09 stating that my mortgage company had approved a "repayment plan" for twelve months, then possibly they would do a " loan modification" once all twelve re-payment plan installments had been made on time. Never the less, the "re-payment plan" was so outrageous that we could not afford it in any way shape or form.
Now the kicker to the story is, like so many others on this forum. I called about the refund of a portion of monies ($2495.00) that was paid to PFF in 5 semi-weekly installments. Hmmmm, you guessed it, I was told that they got the re-payment "workout" program approved and it is not their fault we could not afford the terms.
I was never told that they were going to try to get a re-payment plan, hell I had already been offered that by my mortgage company and they already knew that we couldn't afford it, thats why I contracted PFF to do a "loan modification" and get my payments lowered and get my interest rate lowered as well.
I have to say I am almost thankful and relieved that I am not the only dull tac in the box. I even did research on this before allowing PFF access to my bank account in order to make the installments on time. God, how gullable was I??? I feel like such a schmuck (sp?) I cannot believe that I was taken for almost $2500. by this company that now says (Marcell to be exact), that what I paid for was "research & analysis" What a bunch of horse crap!
Ok, I've ranted and raved enough, I am going to get on my ohone with the CABBB, the CA State Attny Gen. and the San Diego District Attorneys Consumer Fraud Division. Not that I feel it will do any bit of good, but I guess it will make me feel like I am atleast trying to stick it to PFF as gently as they stuck it to me.
Hell bent for justice!!!

Comments

• Sh
      6th of Feb, 2009

These guys are the ultimate predators. They screwed people by misrepresenting the bad loans they originated and now they are milking you out of your last dollar pretending to help.

There are reputable modification firms. Peoples First Financial just isn't one of them.

14th of May, 2009

To whom it may concern at Complaints Board - please remove these postings as they are under aliases.

To "staying strong" and "Shopper" - please contact Peoples First Financial directly to resolve any complaints that are warrented and real.

• Sk
      5th of Aug, 2009

These guys are true crooks, and when I went in to speak with the CEO, he had a drippy eye. It was weird. Here is what 20/20 had to say about them:

6th of Aug, 2009

"SkiptomyLou" is an ex-associate of Peoples First Financial that suffers from emotional and mental imbalances. With the correct help and possible medication - these behavioral flaws can become managed. Until then - this will be the closest to "normal" that this multiple poster to blogs will experience in their daily existence.

Please visit the links below to gain an understanding of what drives this person to be consumed by delusions and anger:

/URL removed/?id=460581

/URL removed/

800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-781-0727

If anyone here is a mental health professional - please contact "SkiptomyLou" directly and offer your services and advice.

• De
      22nd of Dec, 2009

The ENTIRE story that I read was EXACTLY what happened to my husband and myself. We even have a so called "money back guarantee" in writing from this company. I have recorded conversations, fax reports showing we sent everything they asked for, AND lies left on our answering machine stating they got our sale date cancelled (no postponed, but cancelled). They also didn't contact us until the day before our sale date and then screwed us over for the refund. THIS COMPANY IS TOTALLY FRAUDULENT!!!