People's First Financial / Loan Modification

People's First Financial
6755 Mira Mesa Blvd. #123-425
San Diego
Phone: 1-888-499-0822
In May of 2008 I was contacted by People's First Financial in regard to a loan modification. At the time I had already started to negotiate a re-payment plan with my mortgage company. I was advised by People's First Financial that the arrangement I had with my lender would only cause me to fall behind once again due to the size of the payment. They told me I would be much better off if I let them negotiate with my lender as they have ways of getting the lender to reduce the principal balance and/or the interest rate. This would significantly reduce the size of my monthly payment. I was also told that People's First always pre-qualifies you to be sure they will be able to negotiate with your lenders before they accept payment. After I was told that People's First Financial had checked with my lenders and they found the loans were negotiable, I paid People's first $3, 000 to conduct a loan modification. I was also told by People's First not to talk to my lender at any time during the modification process, to fax all mail and other correspondence to them, and that if I interfered in the process by speaking to the lender it could terminate everything they set out to achieve. In November 2008 People's First had to get an extension on a foreclocure sale date. They told me the extension was for 45 days and they were still negotiating numbers, however it was only for 30 days. If I had not called my lender due to a Fed Ex package I received less than 48 hours from the actual sale date, my home would have been sold to foreclsure without my knowledge. People's First Financial has not returned any of my calls or e-mails since this date. I am corresponding with the lender currently, and have been told they NEVER do modifications in any situation, and have told People's First Financial this from day one.

A  18th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Omg. when I read this.. I felt I was reading EXACTLY what they did to me..the ending is a little diffrent.. I lost my home.. it goes up for auction on Jan 20, 09. NOW they want to help us with our move .. I think they have done enough.. After all thanks to them I have to move out of my house. I am communciating with an attorney and was waiting or the final e mail from the to start proceedings. I have at leat 95% of the communicaiton in email and saved voice mail on my phone...They told me exactly the same thing as you wrote above.. DO NOT CONTACT YOUR MORT. COMPANY. i wish you the best of luck and I know that better days are ahead. I can only hope to whomever reads these postings..PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE PEOPLE FIRST FINANCIAL. unless you want to be doing what I am in the process of doing and is packing up my house that myself and my husband built from the ground up..
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Vicki get in touch with me i have recordings of thier employees you wouldnt beleive what i have, i contacted an attorney his jaw dropped when he heard the recording. they took my moey and are refusing to refund it back, get in touch with the channel 10 news in sandiego i will send you a link they are doing a follow up on these crooks
A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
it so horrible cause the very same thing happen to me i'm trying to come up with 3, 000 to pay my house payment and 1600 due by the 16th they charged me $3, 000 and promised they would get my interest rate lower and lower my 1326.00 house payment i've been working three job to try to get straighten back out and no they did get nothing done

N  22nd of May, 2009 by
I paid $3200 to People's First Financial last August 2008. Sheryl Singer was my loan officer and she was very friendly up until the beginning of May. I tried to e-mail her, but the e-mail came back undeliverable. I tried to call her, but her extension was disconnected. She promised that she (People's First Financial) would talk with my mortgage company and get them to lower the rate and mortgage amount within 2 to 3 months. In November, I was the victim of 2 other scams where they promised you a personal loan, asked for a first payment and then gave me no money and didn't return the money I had given them. (I was desperate for some money). I told Sheryl about that and jokingly asked her if her company was a scam artist and she assured me that they were legitimate. In January of 2009, I called my mortgage company for an update. They said they were still negotiating with them. In April I was fed up. I decided to call my mortgage company myself (People's First Financial) had told me to stop making any payments, don't call them, don't answer their phone calls, etc. In April, I received a short sentence from James B Nutter. "We never received a complete packet." I immediately e-mails People's First Financial and the representative kind of freaked out. I told him they had everything they required in December 2008 and why hadn't they sent the packet then? He told me he would call me back. When I tried to call him in May, I was told he was no longer with the company and that they had a new system now where you just talk to customer service and they give you updates. You no longer have a personal representative to stand up for your rights. My foreclosure attorney has not done anything to help either. He said he could send out discovery, etc., and keep this going for at least another 6 months. He has not. Now I have a hearing on their Motion for Summary Judgment set for May 28th. I was told that they could set the date to sell my home for as little time as 4 weeks! I am freaking out. I do not know what to do. So many companies sound so nice and so knowledgeable and then end up being conartists and steal your money and make you lose your home. How can they live with themselves?
N  2nd of Jun, 2009 by

People's First Financial - Scammed by mortgage company
People's First Financial

We were promised actual new mortgage terms in a e-mail from a rep that left people's and never even submitted our file to the lender - we were advised not to make mortgage payments, and everyone was telling us to be patient, yet the lender never received out modifcation package, and when it was finally sent to the lender, we were denied. And I have still not received my refund. I have paperwork from the lender, now showing that the paperwork was incomplete, and could never have been approved in that manner - so why won't People's First refund my money? Trevor had promised my husband over the phone just to fill out the refund request, and that it takes 6-8 weeks, but it's been months and still no refund.
A  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
that same was going to happend to us they but we called our lender to find out if they have contacted them they said no but yea they took us for $3000.00 dollars thus anybody no were they have there office cuz i have some people that want pay them a visit . email me back at tonyriv01@yahoo.com
N  27th of Aug, 2009 by
What can I say? I just don't hear anything from my lender after two months just like they told me and call my lender to find

out if they have anything on my loan modification. They told me "No Sir, we don't have anything on you". After communicate

with my lender, I tried to send people first financial an e-mail. I found out by Yahoo that the e-mail is disable and I said what is

going on. I goggle people first financial in the web. The result: I was reading your complaints guys. I just realize that I have

been scammed. They got for $2495.00 for the modification. Thanks God, I did not listen to them and I was still making

payments, but I'm behind only two which was required by them to start the loan modification process.

I work, I don't steal and I always give my tithes to my Lord. Those people will never be better than me.
A  25th of Nov, 2009 by
Sometime before or in October 2008, I was contacted by People First Financial located at 10179 Huennekens St # 200, San Diego, CA 92121-2965, (858) 554-0009. They claimed that they could help me with my upsidedown mortgage situation. They asked for money up front and I believed they could help me, but after they got my money. I heard nothing from them regarding the progress of my case. Every time I called to check on my case there was only a receiptionist who would not transfer me to whomever supposed to be handling my case. Each time, there was no news regarding the supposed negotiation with the bank or the bank had not responded. When I pressed for my money back, they provided me with a bunched of cut and pasted supposed email between the "lawyer" and the people at the bank. They x-outed the email address to prevent me from contacting the bank. The end of it is that they refused to refund me. If you have similar story with this people, I encourage you all to contact the San Diego District Attorney's Office Economic Crimes Unit (if you live in San Diego area).