peoplefinders.com / unauthorized charge

MI, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY OFFERS A 3-DAY FREE TRIAL OFFER WHICH I USED 1 TIME AND WAS NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RESULTS. I CALLED THEM THE SAME DAY I USED IT AND TOLD THEM ( IN PARTICULAR BRIAN) THAT I WASN'T INTERESTED IN USING THEM SO CANCEL ME OFF THEIR LIST. 6 DAYS LATER I GET A CHARGE OF 29.95 TAKEN OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. I'VE NEVER RECEIVED ANY KIND OF SERVICE FOR THAT FEE AND DID NOT AUTHORIZE THAT TRANSACTION. I HAVE ORDERED A NEW ATM CARD AND FILLED OUT A FRAUD COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM. I WANT MY MONEY PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT. THEY HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBERS AND GO UNDER SO MANY DIFFERENT NAMES (FAMILY SAFETY FOR ONE) IT'S VERY DIFFICULT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. I DID FINALLY REACHED A REAL PERSON (JESSIE) WHO ASSURED ME THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE -SHE WAS MISTAKEN. I WANT MY MONEY PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.

Lo

Comments

• Ri
      Oct 23, 2007
    peoplefinders.com - Ripped Off!

Charged me $9.95 a piece for 5 searches. Never told me about unlimited searches for 24 hours for $19.95.
    RIPOFF!

• Ri
      Oct 23, 2007
    http://www.peoplefinders.com/ - Ripped Off!

I paid $9.95 for a people search on this site and all I got was old information. I basically couldn't find my old college friend's new address on there. The only information that they had on him was his old address. I dont recommend this service at all. I mean, who wants old data? It is useless. RIP OFF!

• As
      Oct 29, 2007
    peoplefinders.com - Private identity being revealed

To the complaints board,
    My name is ashley mariah blackfoot several weeks ago I got on the Internet and was logged on to your free profile Including past living address and current address now. Basically revealing all my Identity to the public without my consent.
    I had found this extremely disturbing and have found this on(peoples finder.com) on yahoo.
    I have e-mailed to the company more than 5 times requesting be suppressed and removed permentley from files.I have also wrote to them In writing to.
    Opt- out/ people finders
    1821 Q street
    Sacramento Ca 95814
    I am considered dissabeled and do not have access to the computer at my house I have to go to the librarys Is making this hard on me since I cant get around. please see to It this Is resolved Immediatley.
    I want evert thing removed from your records.
    I nees a call @ my cell # 231-499-4950.
    And Also needing an e-mail letting me know that you have received this e-mail If I dont hear from you In the next couple of days then Im Assuming that you did not receive this e-mail and that I will have to e-mail again.
    I will be waiting for your reply ASap.
    Thank-you,
    Ms Ashley M Blackfoot
    10/28/07
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    231-499-4950

• Cu
      Dec 04, 2007

PeopleFinders.com strives to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We are always happy to answer any of your questions regarding your purchases or our services. If you believe that you have been deceived or "scammed" by our organization, we definitely want to hear about it and reconcile the situation. Further, if you believe that you have been a victim of fraudulent activity, the PeopleFinders.com Fraud Department is available to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us at [protected]@peoplefinders.com or at 800-718-8997 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

-PeopleFinders.com Support Team.

• Fe
      Jan 10, 2008

I HAVE USES YOUR SERVICE SERVERAL TIMES AND I RECIEVED THE SAME INFORMATION EVERY TIME AND IT WAS OUT DATED,AND I FEEL THAT I WASTED MY MONEY ON YOUR SERVICE BECAUSE IM NO CLOSER THEN I WAS BEFORE LOOKING FOR MY FAMILY MEMBER.AND YOUR SERVICE SAYS THAT IT IS A FREE SERVICE AND I HAD TO PAY FOR IT I THINK THAT IS FALSE INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE GIVING YOUR CUSTOMERS.I M NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE AT ALL.

• Mo
      Apr 22, 2008

IDPROCS.com and "Save My Identity" have both taken money out of my bank account and I have ordered nothing from them ever. I have tried to call them and email them to no avail. How do I get my money back as my account is now overdrawn. ??? I have contacted the Better Business Bureau about these two rip-offs and I'm waiting for their response.

Jun 13, 2008

You people do not have accurate information, and you should be

banned from doing business on the internet. You are nothing but

scam artists, taking money from people for nothing or misinformation. I do not know who to contact regarding this
    issue, but rest assured, I will find out. I do not know WHERE you
    get your information, but most of it is wrong.

• Pe
      Aug 11, 2008

This company is cross referencing information and selling it to identity thieves. Call your local Department of Justice and Attorney General.

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

to report what happened. You can
    call the FTC's ID Theft Hotline-1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338) or
    use the FTC's online ID Theft Complaint form.
    for up-to-date information about how to work with credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies to reclaim your identity.

Social Security Administration (SSA) for

a replacement card if your Social Security card was lost or stolen,
    a new Social Security number in certain circumstances, and
    help to correct your earnings records.

Office of the Inspector General, SSA, to report Social Security number misuse that

involves buying or selling Social Security cards, or
    may involve people with links to terrorist groups or activities.

Nov 23, 2008

I was confronted by my girlfriend last night saying that there was some person with an asian name 'associated with' my name, both at my family's old home, and where i was stationed in the military. She asked if I was married, or if it was an old girlfriend that I had lived with before or something. I still don't think she believes that I've never heard of this person in my life. I'm not even sure if it is a female name! I've been looking for postings by other people who have had their lives disrupted by false information, but so far have found none. has anyone else had this problem? This is very disturbing, and I could see it causeing alot of heartache for others as well, if it is a common occurrence.

• As
      Nov 05, 2009
    peoplefinders.com - Bad info
    PeopleFinders.com

Used them twice for two different names. First search came up with name only no address or phone number. Second name came up with four addresses and phone numbers, all were out of date at least six years.

Here is their response when I requested a refund:

Most of the products on the Site come with a limited guarantee. This means that if your search does not return any results, we will provide you with another search, at no additional cost to you. The service is provided "as is." You are paying for us to conduct a search on your behalf, not to return any particular result. Information is often obtained by third parties and the accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed, per our Terms of Use. Please contact Customer Care at the number below if you would like assistance with your searches. We do not offer refunds as stated in our Terms of Use. Thank you.

BUYER BEWARE!!

• So
      Jan 06, 2010
    peoplefinders.com - False Advertising
    PeopleFinders.com
    Tennessee

I needed quick detailed information about a person that I was about to use for a specific purpose.
    I needed to look at their background information all the way down to marriages and divorces.
    No where on the internet information that I purchased from ever told me during the signup
    process to the very end that only a handful of states are covered under this type of information.
    I complained in detail to PeopleFinders.com and they could only say that they were sorry, that I should
    have know. They volunteered to refund $10.00 of the $55.00 spent to get the information.
    It should be a criminal act that they can take your money and not supply the information.
    If you advertise that you are getting such records for this amount of money, then aren't you liable to
    supply what could cause you not to get the information?
    I will continue to file complaints on line until this is changed.

Mar 08, 2010
    peoplefinders.com - charged six times for unused services
    Joann Williams
    11-A Milford Street
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 718 647-9244

I was trying to use my credit card to order services for $39.95. The screen told me the billing zip code was not correct. I entered the correct zip code and the screen said the wrong zip code was still entered. I had no idea that the process went through six different times. I have not yet gotten through to company to cancel this transaction. Please assist.

• Pf
      Mar 10, 2010

Hello,
    This is Nate with PeopleFinders.com. I am sorry to see about this difficulty with our site. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team for assistance with this issue. You can reach Customer Care Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm PST at (800) 718-8997. They will be happy to help you and answer all of your questions. Thank you for your time.

• Di
      May 28, 2010

Wish I was forewarned! Same type of issue and response!! Couldn't even find the person at their current address, and then didn't allow retrieval of the Search information. After multiple contacts with their 'customer complaints desk' to attempt to resolve the issues got zero satisfaction - was referred to the terms of service and told no refunds. Unreliable service, but if you enjoy being frustrated and have masochistic tendencies - pay them upfront and enjoy the abuse.

• Pe
      Jun 24, 2010

JoAnn good heavens you're giving out all your personal information here- this is a huge online nono and opens yourself up to serious fraud and more scammers besides PeopleFinders.com.

I urge you to take a look at the info posted here- it's a magnet for identity theft because anyone can see it, "complaintsboard" member or not!

: (

• Te
      Jul 12, 2010
    peoplefinders.com - takes your money and give your info out to 3rd party
    peoplefinders.com
    Phone: supervisor jennifer 916-733-6127

This is terrible. This just happened to me (within in the last 20 minutes). A week ago, I had to fight the same battle with a company called peoplefinders.com, a company that I have already reported to the BBB. My operator refused to tell me where they were located or the President's name.
    Here are the direct numbers to the very unhelpful bunch at peoplefinders.com
    My information was also given out to SAVINGSACE and HOMESAVINGSMA where I was charged 16.95 each and I never had been to their websites.
    angie 800-718-8997 #5126
    supervisor jennifer 916-733-6127

• Lo
      Nov 28, 2010

JOANN; REORDER A NEW ATM CARD FROM YOUR BANK AND FILL OUT FRAUD COMPLAINTS AGAINST PEOPLEFINDERS AND THE BANK WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK SINCE YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY KIND OF SERVICE FOR THOSE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. I EMPATHIZE WITH YOU AND GOOD LUCK.

• Ne
      Aug 09, 2012
    peoplefinders.com - Privacy Policy violence
    California

I would like to place a complaint about PeopleFinders.com for violating my privacy and my personal information. I asked repeatedly to be removed from their database but yet the information remains there. They asked me to send a letter with the removal request. I sent two letters, number of e-mails and a phone call.

They require a letter from the individual to be removed from their database just to inconvenience people and deter them from removing information. But even if you send a letter they don’t remove the information. I don’t think this is even legal.

• La
      Sep 23, 2012

Join the Class Action Law Suite against them

• Lo
      Sep 23, 2012

Hmmmm...I wonder if I'm in their database. Which class action was that & how do I sign up?