peoplefinders.com / unauthorized withdrawal of funds

1821 Q Street, Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 718 8997

I did a reverse phone lookup on line with peoplefinders.com to look for a stolen bicycle.
The peoplefinders set up an account using the credit card information I gave for the 99 cent cost of the original search.
They have fraudulently withdrawn 24.95 from my account across state lines, on 3/17 and 4/19/2010.
I called to ask for a refund and they said their policy is not to give refunds. Please help.

Dg

Comments

• Pf
      29th of Apr, 2010

Hello,
    This is Nate with PeopleFinders.com. I am sorry to see about this difficulty with our site. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team for assistance with this issue. You can reach Customer Care Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm PST at (800) 718-8997. They will be happy to help you and answer all of your questions. Thank you for your time.

• Di
      28th of May, 2010

You will probably get nowhere with their customer service. They will continue to reiterate they have NO REFUNDS and point you to read their TERMS of SERVICE which states that they don't have to deliver any service to you. Doesn't matter to them if you were overbilled and didn't receive the service. They will continue to refer you to the NO REFUND Policy. I'm sorry that I didn't see your post before I gave them my credit card info. Regret ever using them

• Lo
      28th of Nov, 2010

CALL YOUR BANK AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THOSE WERE UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ANY SERVICE FOR THE UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS - REORDER A NEW ATM CARD AND FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT AGAINST PEOPLEFINDERS.COM AND THE BANK WILL MAKE SURE THAT MONEY WILL GET BACK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE FILE FRAUD COMPLAINTS ( WHICH IS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE) PEOPLEFINDERS.COM WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW LINE OF WORK.