peoplefinders.com / Unauthorized credit card charges

United States Review updated:

Don't fall for their "$10 Cash Back" offer when ordering search results. To get your $10 back, you have to buy into a membership service called "24 Protect Plus". I did, and I wish I never had. The Internet is full of complaints about this service - including complaints on this board. Most of the complaints have to do with them charging your credit card without permission. Now I'm worried that they will do the same thing to my card. When I tried to contact them to cancel everything, they said they had no record of my order!!! I wish I'd researched them before I ordered, or better yet, just used a reputable search company like intelius.com.

Comments

Ga
  12th of Dec, 2007
Intelius is directly in cahoots with 24 Protect Plus. You are not safe using any of the online searches except for Zabasearch, since it's free and gives you the exact same information that Intelius/PeopleFinder/etc. do. Never, ever give your CC# away to any of these companies. They are scammers, plain and simple.
Cu
  12th of Dec, 2007
PeopleFinders.com strives to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We are always happy to answer any of your questions regarding your purchases or our services. If you believe that you have been deceived or "scammed" by our organization, we definitely want to hear about it and reconcile the situation. Further, if you believe that you have been a victim of fraudulent activity, the PeopleFinders.com Fraud Department is available to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us at support@peoplefinders.com or at 800-718-8997 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

-PeopleFinders.com Support Team

Ri
  12th of Dec, 2007
Nice fake complaint. Note the mention of intelius at the end of the complaint. These companies will try anything.
  7th of Mar, 2008
I want to cancel my subscription to people finders.
  7th of Mar, 2008
I noticed after order and pay for the service the number that they give you is not the right number to call when want to cancel your subscription.
Ma
  10th of Jul, 2008
I PAID 39.95 ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MY BROTHER'S CURRENT ADDRESS. HIS NAME IS JAMES FORDE HE IS 62 YEARS OF AGE. HE LIVES IN PENNSYLVANIA. I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY RESULTS. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Fr
  28th of Jul, 2008
I thought that this is where I check to find out why I have not receved an E-mail reply regarding my search. I paid $2.95 or the search.

Please advise as to whom I should contact.

Thank you.

FWM
Am
  12th of Nov, 2008
I have used your website several times in the past but the last time I used the website not only was all the info totally outdated, but I wound up having charges on both of my listed credit cards/bank cards from its affiliates that i did not authorize. I wrote to complain after the 1st time but got no response.. now i just had to call and cancel another one and the rep stated it was authorized from your website too.
I find this very disconcerting and misleading. I will no longer be using your services and will be forwarding my complaint to the proper channels .
Fa
  10th of May, 2009
I used this site and ended up a member of "Valuemax", they charged me $19.95 a month for "membership" and when I called them to find our what it was, even the person on the phone did not even know what their services were. I never received one thing from them but that charge was there faithfully every month. I got them to remove two of the charges and reported them to the Attorney Generals office and the Justice Dept. and if they don't remove the rest of the charges I am going to call our local troubleshooter TV station and let them explain on National television exactly what they sell. I've never been able to find out.
Di
  28th of May, 2010
I was scammed by peoplefinders. Their customer service is poor and unresponsive. They will say NO REFUNDs, look at the fine print! So what if you can't find a phone number, can't get into our system, can't retrieve any records - they don't care. Their customer service gets paid to refer you to their Terms of Use fine print. In fact, they don't care that you never we able to benefit from their service due to access issues or invalid or not-found information. Think you should get a refund - Forget it - there are NO REFUNDS. Peoplefinders Terms of Use includes: " YOU AGREE TO PAY ALL AMOUNTS DUE UPON OUR DEMAND." Disclaimer: 'WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT IT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SEARCH, OR LINK ON IT, OR THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE'
Withdrew $24.95 from checking account and provided no information
Ma
  30th of Jun, 2011
the charge 3 payments for same order, no help getting info, no refund, hard to get in touch with.
Pe
  30th of Jun, 2011
Hi, I'm sorry to see you had a bad experience with PeopleFinders.com. Did you receive a blank report, or did you not get the information you were looking for? Either way, please email me at pr@peoplefinders.com and I will do my best to help you.

Thanks,
Nate
To
  23rd of May, 2012
Nate, I am not impressed with your superficial response. I filed a BBB complaint today as a result of a VERY bad experience with a Jennifer (who claimed to be acting under a directive from Rob Miller). I received a report that did not include the person on the search list and I had to prove this before I even got an answer. Thinking I may have made a mistake, I searched and paid for the report twice. I DID manage to get a refund for the second report but had to argue to get the proper information I originally searched for. Then, Jennifer made it all fall apart by sending the ORIGINAL report after customer service and I had it all ironed out - she is a rude and condescending person! Because of her, I have NO use for PeopleFinders.com!
Lo
  20th of Sep, 2012
It's funny that I read this... I just dealt with 'Jennifer' also. Instead of fixing my problem she offered to cancel me and cut me off before I could even finish what I was saying. 'Jennifer' should be fired.

People Finders Logo People Finders