People to People International/People to People Student Ambassadors / Wrongful Death, fraud, consumer fraud, invasion of privacy

1 1956 Ambassador WaySpokane, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 509.568.7901

Our son age 16, Tyler Hill, died in Japan of ignorance and negligence on a people to people student ambassador tour June 29th, 2007. The company sent a private grief counselor who worked for their safety partner DocLeaf into our home. Larry McGonnell then provided our private mental (grief) information to the company(s). We have filed a wrongful death lawsuit in January 2008. See also www.tylerhill.org

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2009

I can't believe they want to make money out of their sons death. What kind of parents are they!

• De
      26th of Sep, 2009

i went on the trip in 2007 and never heard of such death. sorry but i think P2P was a great experience for me. they took care of us when we needed it!

• Th
      6th of Jan, 2010

I went on a people to people trip to china for 17 days and got very ill. I received the best care available. This is the first I have ever heard of someone dying on their trips. I received the best medical attention in my life and was well again in 2 days. im sorry to hear this happened but this should not discourage parents on letting their child go on their trips.

• De
      22nd of Mar, 2010

This is a great program and i traveled in 2007 and never heard of such thing. I'm sorry but you can't blame them for everything. We had the best leaders and received all the medical attention we needed on the spot. Most deaths are preventable...but yet we cant sue just anyone, specially when you don't know exactly what happen being that you weren't on the same continent as the child. but i am deeply sorry about your loss.

• Di
      14th of Apr, 2010

Reality! It is not a non-profit organization, the letterhead is a misleading marketing tool, It makes millions
    of dollars selling trips to students, young athletes and adults overseas. It should be honest and market it
    as a oversea camp or program not an Ambassador Program of good will. Many have lost money and
    some voice their disappointment of the trips. Yet, I don't care if they sell them selves honestly. You can not
    get credit from high school or college unless it is specified upfront... first, it claims you do then much later
    when it is too late to bail out of a trip - you may not get credit. Oh! Also...later you are told to get insurance.
    There is no honor of being chosen...for anything except a possible consumer to buy their service. Letterhead
    is a shame...non profit letterhead - to mislead, Presidents names...are you sure the Presidents know that it
    is misleading marketing tool...or is their contributions or donations to make it worth while like it was done
    in Iowa after upsetting a household with such a balooney direct mail come on. Law suit was settled in
    favor of the parents whom lost their child in their care...shame on those whom say such things about those
    parents. One child is too much! - to lose...yet, another claim has been made and many complaints noted.
    What about those who do not complain. I would like to see a legal action taken against this program's
    marketing. Grow up! Reality...it is a business...not a good will trip.

• Hs
      11th of Jul, 2010

This a an overpriced trip sold with lies. The home stay in Australia was a joke. My daughter was made to accompany her home stay mother on shopping trip for shower curtain rings (no joke)! This was the only thing they did for 2 days while the escort teachers took a vacation. I was a fool to pay for this. I strongly advise all parents to shred this letter if you are unlucky enough to receive one.