People Lifestyles Inc / FRAUD

Hatboro, PA, United States Review updated:
I picked up a local paper today and found a work from home offer. I called the number and they asked for the code listed in the ad. I gave them the code and they explained to me that this is an opportunity to make jewelry from home. You pay $44.95 to get a catalog of companies that will send parts to you to make the required jewelry. They mail it to you, you make the product and mail it back (postage paid). THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! They will take your money and indeed send the catalog however it is the same few companies listed over and over in the catalog. When you call People Lifestyles Incs customer service number listed on the info they send you, you are connected to an answering machine saying not to leave a message to to send a letter because no on will return your call. I called my credit card company to file a dispute, hopefully I can reverse this mess. I am writting this in hopes that no one else gets caught in this situation!!!
Gi

Comments

Ro
  18th of Nov, 2008
Thank you for your complant. I also called from a paper in north east md. I'm glad there are peaple like you, for i didn't waste my money. O and mine was going to cost $47.95.
Ma
  11th of May, 2009
I saw this ad today in a Polish newspaper. I called them and I asked to send me a free information, because I want to review it at home before I sign up. The lady told me that they can not send me anything, and I have to pay 44.95 to get everything in my mail.
This is FAKE..!!!
Cm
  16th of Aug, 2010
THANK YOU! I thought that this business was too good to be true, turns out it is! www.bbb.com (Better Business Bureau) gives this comany "People Lifestyles" a F. I'm glad to find a site with real people reviews. This company told me it would cost $48.95 to sign up, and that they would send me more info, I wont be suprised if they don't. I will make a point to let my local papers know of this SCAM, in hopes that no one else will fall for it!
Vi
  20th of Feb, 2011
I wish I would have found this web site before I ordered this SCAM!!! My daughter who is disabled and I thought that this would be a great way for her and I to make money! I called the add in the paper and ordered the packet. I then recieved the packet and looked over it and thought this is great but to good to be true so I called my sister. She went online and found this website (thank god) and I am now fighting with my credit card company to dispute the charge of $48.95! Not to mention the receipt is forged with my name on it!!! They also stated that I was there to sign the receipt when I live in PA and they are out of LA! So to anyone who reads this PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM! I will be contacting the local news paper to make sure this add is not published in the paper so no one else will fall into this mess! Thank you for all your comments and I hope this will help others! JLB & VLE from PA!