Pentair / Pac fab FNS Plus DE Pool Filter / Fraud and cheating!

I purchased a Pentair FNS PLUS 60 square foot diatomaceous earth pool filter from Best Buy pool Supply on 5 May 2006. At the time of purchase Best Buy's online ad indicated a 10 year warranty on the shell of the unit with a 1 year warranty on the remainder. I received the unit, had it operating in June, 2006. In August 2006, the upper shell began leaking water while in operation. The leak was about 1/3 of the way up from the sealing ring to the bottom shell and was from an apparent manufacturing problem, not from misuse or improper installation.

I called Best Buy. They referred me to Pentair. Pentair (Don) told me the warranty was only for 1 year. I told him the online ad I purchased the unit from at the time indicated that the shell was warranted for 10 years. I pointed out that currently several of Pentair filter distributors advertise a 10 year warranty on the shell and I gave him the references for these. he said he'd speak to his supervisor and see if they could "help out". That has been two weeks ago. Despite repeated calls to his number I have not received any response.

N  16th of Nov, 2008 by
I have a pac-fab de filter. I have been using it for years and have had no problems with it. Lately I can clean it, put it back together and it shoots the de powder back into the pool through my Polaris pool sweep. I first thought it was pulling it up off the floor of the pool but I think it is coming through the pool sweep. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Paul
A  2nd of Aug, 2010 by
Check out www.poolgeek.com for better service and the prices are good too for such items. They honor express and implied warranties too.
N  7th of Oct, 2011 by
Best Buy is an electronics store. It's always best to purchase items from a reputable and authorized company that deals directly with the manufacturers including Pentair, whom will honor warranties directly in most cases. Check out www.swimnsaveusa.com for expert advise, low prices, and excellent service. A quality which is hard to find anymore.