PenRose Management at King Plaza / Poor Service & Bad Management

United States, New Jersey, Perth Amboy Review updated:
270 King St
Perth Amboy
Phone: 732-442-5930
The secretary Nelly is very rude and disrespectful; she gives you attitudes and is not helpful in any way. She acts like she's doing you a favor when something needs to get done. Every other word out of her mouth is profanity. She scolds you as if you were a child and has very little regard for people as humans let alone as tenants. She acts as if she was God sitting on her almighty throne and has the power to do as she pleases with people. I know many tenants that will not be renewing their leases because of her (and neither will I), and many more that moved because they do not feel they need to deal with her. I do not blame them for feeling this way.

I put in a complaint for them to fix something in my apartment, something that they damaged before I moved in (mind you, they were not even supposed to be in there with out my permission in the first place because I had already signed the lease and gotten the keys). I put in the complaint 2 weeks before moving in it has been 2 weeks since I moved in and it still has not been taken care of. Yes, the elevators smell like cigarette smoke. They implement ridiculous rules that you are supposed to follow with out even knowing that they exist. For example you can not bring up furniture with out asking them for an appointment before hand, ok, so maybe the rule is not too much of a big deal, only that they don't tell you this until the furniture people are outside with the furniture, and now can not come up to deliver it.

A  30th of Sep, 2009 by
I don't know if we are talking about the same penrose managment. There is a penrose managment here in Baltimore, MD. They are the management company for several buildings in Baltimore City. My parents residesat Oaks @ Liberty and have been residence for about seven years. Just recently, my mother inquired about moving from a two bedroom apartment to a one bedroom apartment. The manager in charge informed my mother that it would be fine and even offered her the key to the apartment. Upon my mother returning from vacation, she was informed by an assistant in the office that the previous assistant accepted a security deposit from someone else before the "manager" offered the apartment to my parents. This occurred on 9/24/09. Since that time, I have been trying to contact the manager and the regional manager. I have made several phone calls and left several messages and cannot reach anyone. When my mother goes to the leasing office, she is told by the assistant that she cannot get contact with the manager or she has left a message but the manager has not returned the call. What manager does not return a call of assistant. As far as the manager knows, it could be an emergency. My parents are being lied to everyday. I even went to see the regional manager who is never in her office and when you call her office she is never available. When you call her directly, you only receive her voice mail. And again, she never returns a phone call.

Is this the way Penrose Management conduct business? When a mistake is made, we blame the assistant and all managers feign that they are deaf, dumb and blind and don't respond to tenants concerns. I guess they hope that problem will go away that way they won't have to deal with it. Unfortunately, they don't know that concerned tenants do go away. They remain.
A  30th of Sep, 2009 by
see above.
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by
In regards to Penrose Managent.
If Penrose was bad try dealing with ETC, same complex, King Plaza apartments. They cursed at you, threaten you over the phone. They remove papers from your files. To make matters worst, add insult to the injury they charge low income tenants for water and Sewer. The fact ofte matter is tey dont revise their lease with you. Yet expect you to pay their sewer bill. This management office needs to take a class on professional image. They may act friendly with you when you apply for after that dont you dare complaint about anyting. Oh did I forget to metion how they charge you for window guards if you request them. First of all its the law, secondly dont they get them free from the state. Somebody answer me. This place is so ghetto. I would rather sleepin my car.