PenquinPools.co.za / Poor service!

1 South Africa Review updated:

Got Penguin Pools West Rand to quote on a new pool. Sean Hopton was quick to promise that the weir and channel that I want is easy to do and quoted accordingly. Payed my deposit end February 2007. They started and got to the stage where they filled the pool with water. I got home and noticed bubbles in the gunnite. They battled for months and one day I got home to discover an ugly round plastic drain in the pool.

Their solution to the ground water that they never tested for. They didn't have the decency to talk to us to explain the steps. The pool was finished in October 2007. The weird I had to go and buy because Sean couldn't back track quick enough. Even though he quoted it. The channel is still incomplete and I phone them every 2nd week to find out when they will complete it. SEAN IS JUST NOT INTERESTED, AND PENGUIN POOLS COULDN'T CARE LESS! THEY ARE A JOKE!

We were charged R2000 for a weir, and even after paying R4000 out of our own pocket for a weir Sean refused a credit.

Comments

Po
  19th of Jun, 2017

Goodday Alwyn, I fully agree with the bad bad poor poor service. I have refiberglassed my pool by them in 2013 since then it was redone by them twice making bubbles and know the fiberglass is chipping. My sales rep was Riaan, well after numerous phone calls you cannot get hold of the owner Derick ever he is always busy. Promises and promises and excuses the whole time I have batteling for 3 years to get them to come and redo the pool. I have now reached the stage I contacted Carte Blanche. this is just a no go situation with Penquin Pools... I will not settle until my pool is redone...