Pennytalk / Unauthorized Charges

5147 South Deerfield Ave.Mechanicsburg, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7177300140
I just noticed that the company Pennytalk has charged my bank account a $25.00 fee. I have never been a customer or ever even looked at this company or their products. I appears from the other complaints listed that they are just starting to scam people by charging their accounts.

The fact that our government allow these companies to do this without prosecution or reprecussions is ridiculous. It is easier for scam artist to put charges to my account than it is for me to use my account. I must answer security questions and supply security code information and apparently they just buy a list of names and account numbers from some computer hacker and type in the information.

Yet, we are constantly being charged taxes and surcharges by the government and utilities companies to supplement their infrastructures. As usual, the less educated and ederly are the big losers in these scams. My grandparents have been forced to close all checking accounts 4 times due to this sort of scaming, but still the banks let them process these bogus charges.

Banks are supposed to be working for us, but we appear to be the ones doing all the work; checking accounts all the time, going to their office to sign dispute forms, closing accounts, reissueing new cards and this is all caused by web based companies, not by local firms or largee chains.

Michael
Mk

Comments

Do
  19th of Mar, 2010
i called to go over a problem i was having only to have the customer service lady hang up on me.
i have been a penny talk customer for almost two years and never had this issue.
as of now i still have the issue and no one to take care of it.
so how do i handle?
Li
  28th of Mar, 2011
PennyTalk doesn't charge your account unless someone approve it. Ask someone who has access to the account, anyone can recharge the card from the phone register to use the card. I have been using the card for almost 5 years and have never have an issue.
Re
  25th of May, 2012
Penny Talk has hidden charges that are hidden in their website when you sign up. It is a scam company and the only way to stop them from charging your debit card is to cancel the card...
DON"T agree to use this company... They are CROOKS...