Pempena Executive Taxi Service S/B / Unreasonable Taxi Fare

1 Malaysia Review updated:

It has been quite sometimes, I didn’t go back to my home in Taman Rinting, JB. Last Saturday night, I decided to go home for a short stay. As everyone knows, the bus transportation in Jb is extremely less user friendly. Therefore, I decided to take a taxi from City Square.
After minutes of queuing there, I boarded into a blue taxi with a starting meter capped at RM6. Then, I checked with the taxi driver, he told me that this is his standard service surcharge. Basically, I’m happy with meter taxi, as it’s not easy to get a cab with meter in JB. It’s quite fair for me, as a consumer.
I think it’s because of Saturday night; the traffic was not tat smooth as I expected. The whole journey took me almost 55minutes to reach my home in Taman Rinting.
Then, I asked the driver how much should I pay for the taxi fare. He was not really dared to tell me and asked me pay as the meter shown. Then, I checked the meter. ###, it’s RM 61.80. Triple the normal rate I normally pay for the same journey at the same traffic condition. I shouted at him NS reluctant to pay him. He then asked me to check the rate published at the dark corner behind the front seat. God, I boarded into a so called executive taxi. But, it’s not a Mercedes that drove me crazy to pay him at this price. The rate is charging based on time. (20 cents per 21 seconds). But, the taxi service was not that executive to me, at least. I was not given a choice to do radio or temperature adjustment. The service was absolutely suck. I don’t know why the company claims that these taxis provide executive service but, in fact, it’s not. I also doubt the taxi association and related authority in approving these so called executive taxi service or is there any assessment before issuing out the license and what’s the bench mark for these so called executive taxi service.
In order not to further argue, I paid him exactly and went home with disappointment.

Lo

Comments

An
  4th of Jun, 2011

I had called JB taxi serviceto recieve my baby strollers for my kids, i had forgot i left'em then back of
the cab trunk. I called the jb taxi dispatch, then one of the employees gave me attuide and hard about
retrieving my things back. I have new house phone that i hardly use so i had forgot my phone number
right off hand. The man said "how dont you know your own house number and how do you forget strollers
in the back of a cab" as you know when your in a rush your human and you attend to forget things. so i was curious
who do i caplain to?