Pella Windows & Doors / Sash Mutilation from Slimshade Blinds

I had Pella Designer Series casement windows with Slimshades installed in July 2004. One and a half years later, the shades on most windows have indented the wood as they contact the sash (putting the shade down). On 4 windows the nylon blocks on the bottom of the shade have worked through the stain and hard coat and are mutilating the wood. I applied Varathane Diamond Wood Finish in 3 coats as instructed by the manufacturer instruction. Pella Iowa and the local Pella distributor have been stalling this complaint for 15 months with no satisfactory repair or replacement. Pella, by far, exhibits the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company. I truly regret my decision in choosing Pella.

Br

Comments

• Sp
      13th of Dec, 2007

Oh great. I just bought three Pella windows.

• Ro
      9th of Sep, 2008

I bought a Pella bay window in 1999 with slimshades and have had no problems...until last week when one of the little strings gave out (I use it a lot). I called customer service to ask where I could get the shade restrung and they informed me it was still under warranty and shipped me a new shade at no charge. Issue free for almost 10 years!

• Ab
      1st of Jul, 2010

I've experienced many of the same problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues. These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995. Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation. Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims. On my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com, you can see photos detailing the defects with my Pella windows and doors.

I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella. If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience so that we may educate consumers. Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey