Pell Technology / Terrible company

18-Dec-2008.I send my laptop toshiba to Pell Technology Inc. for fix the motherboard They say to me if they fix it they charge me for $200.00. I waiting about 6 weeks then I call them ( it really hard to call them ) I fill lucky they pickup the phone. They say my computer can't to fix, then I tell them send computer back to me, they ok send back to me with tracking #. but I waiting about 2 weeks then I call UPS tracking# The ups say my package losted, I need to talk with shipper. Then I call back to the shipper, (the pell technology, )I tell them about my package Lost at UPS, But they don't want to help me, they hand up the phone, then don't pickup phone. No answer email. And Now I need the computer back to me, because that is my customer computer. That is scam company.

The first they say they fix. when we send computer to them, they say they can not fix. then they don't send computer back to customer, and over charge shipping. wacth out the scam company.

Pa

Comments

• Do
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I notice that PELL is BURRIED in GOOGLE, , , click on ANY link associayed with them and you are taken to Google. TOOOOO Cute! Someone NEEDS to stop these creeps. I've been HAD also.

• Gr
      12th of Mar, 2009

I as well have had nothing but problems with this company. I ordered a desktop motherboard for an HP and they originally sent me the wrong motherboard. I sent the motherboard back (at my own exspense) and they sent another new motherboard. This also was the wrong motherboard. The tech tells me to take a picture of the motherboard but to try and install it again. He then proceeds to tell me that they look different but it will work.

Call me stupid but if it doesn't look the same it isn't the same motherboard. He continues to try and tell me it will work when even though I am telling him that the mounting holes aren't even in the right spot or that the mounting holes for the pcu fan are not correct either. They refuse to give me a refund only to send it back and they can try and find the correct model.

I wouldn't suggest using this company to my worst enemy! As shady as they come.

• Pa
      20th of Mar, 2009

Never Pick up phone and advertise good deals to attract people online.

• Do
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Pell Tecnology Tampa, FL

I sent my Toshiba Satellite for motherboard repair. Their website has the board priced at $275.00. So I was mistaken to think if they could not repair the board that they would replace the mother for $275.00. The shipped the laptop 1/30/09. I could not get a return call from them. They would not return emails. I finally got a service tech. He said the board needed replaced and they would order it that day. So the parts on the website are not really at Pell. I have called and emailed for 5 weeks and cannot get in touch with this company. Of course, when I approved repairs they wanted a credit card for payment. BEWARE THIS IS A RIP-OFF COMPANY. My computer had Wi-Fi, networking, brand new hard drive; Intel processor org. cost $2700.00. I will probably never get my lap top back.

• Bi
      27th of Mar, 2009

I have also sent my laptop to this company through an eBay merchant named "laptop-TEK" using the buy it now purchased for an $150.00 on 27 Feb 2009. After 3 days of not hearing how to send my laptop, I emailed and was told to go to Pell Tech's web site and fill out an repair ticket and tell them that Mike had receive the money already through PayPal. They contacted me back and gave me an purchase ticket number to send with the computer. I sent my computer and it was received by a Zuleta on 9 Mar 2009. After not hearing from them for 12 days, I email them back (Impossible to call them, and they don't return phone calls) I got 3 invoices from them stating that I need to pay $175.00 to get my laptop repaired. I immediately wrote back and told them that I had already payed and sent a copy of my reciept along with the laptop. They wrote back and said that they would check their PayPal records to see if the money was received and I should be receiving a tracking number shortly. This was two weeks ago on 17 Mar 2009. I have called 3-5 times everyday for the last week and emailed twice a day. I have not gotten a return phone call or email. The tracking op my repair ticket on their site says that the item does not exist. I'm probably will have to go to small claims court in order to get some kind of response. I opened up a PayPal claim to try and get my money back. I'm still out of a good laptop and $35.00 for shipping. BUYER BEWARE this may be a scam or just bad business practices. Mike in Memphis

• Th
      27th of Mar, 2009

Ugh! these PELL jokers are really starting to peeve me! I as well sent my laptop to them, through a very respectable computer repair companie's recommendation. However, it has been two months, and i have no word from them, they don't pick up the phone to me, or my usual repair company, they refuse to return email or any contact whatsoever. this is most distressing because i am currently writing novel, and am on a deadline! and to finish my book i need that laptop...which is a sad and grim prospect considering the PELL slamming i have recently read, for it does not seem as if i will ever get it returned to me.
    if anyone has any information on how i can possibly get my beloved laptop back, with its precious cargo, it would be most appreciated it you would share it.

• Ho
      1st of Apr, 2009

Have some one to open the case Please let me in. I have to call UPS open investigation case then they can not to call them(pell technology). They don't answer the phone. UPS tell me go to my banks to tell them give me back the shipping overcharge money. but the bank say it over 30 day, the banks cannot take money back. Today it 01/Apr/2009. Every one please watch out this company (pell Technology) it scam your laptop and money. If some one have the case please let me in. Don't let them scam money.

• Os
      1st of Apr, 2009

I am from memphis TN and I have same problem with them. I sent them my laptop to repair. After 15 days they said, they got fix it. So I paid them for it and they emailed to me UPS tracking #. The laptop suppose to have to arrive on february 23th. But they really never left my laptop to the post office. They stole my money and my customer laptop. I say the same, If some one have the case please let me in. Don't let them scam money.

• Mi
      8th of Apr, 2009

I also was taken on a ride-Google would be smart if they would take them off the search. I will never trust Google or Pell again.

• Zz
      25th of Apr, 2009

I'm from Malaysia. Order the LCD notobeook online on Apr-8-2009.
    Credit Card was charged $233.00 on Apr-9-2009.
    I've send mail/complain via Google Checkout.. to check the status, until now, not even here anything from them.

• Po
      29th of Apr, 2009

Hello
    I bought a mother board at Pell Technology, paid it and have no news since 3 months, they don't reply emails and when I get Herman on the phone he tells me my mother board is on pass to be delivered, but nothing happens.
    CUSTOMERS BE WARE THEY ARE CROOKS

5th of May, 2009

Luckily, I ordered a small part for my laptop from Pell Technology that cost only $55. I have not heard anything from this company, but they sure as heck took my money. I called about 50 times in a row and did not have a person answer one time. Emails are worthless and phone calls are worse. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Su
      14th of May, 2009

Regarding This Complaints,
    Whenever a customer order a part from Pell technology Most of the time parts are in stock. Pell Technology offer parts that nobody else has and Pell Technology Does. If not Pell Technology tries their best to get it for the customer since they already ordered it. In this case Pell Technology would try to find a compatible part that it will work on that model. There is a RMA Form that's a Return Merchandise Authorization form which any customer can fill it out in the website and shipped part back for a refund or a replacement.

Anyone can find this on the website

Pell Technology prides itself in customer satisfaction. If there is a problem with your order, please notify Pell Technology by email immediately so that we may work with you to arrange a return, replacement, refund, or credit. Full refunds (less shipping fees) will be issued if merchandise is returned in its original condition within 10 days; otherwise a 25% restocking fee may be charged for returning within 30 days. On-DOA items or items ordered in error are not accepted for returns. Credit card and eBay orders will be credited, and check payments will receive a refund check by mail.

If you're exchanging an item because of a mistake on the part of Pell Technology or issues of quality, we will pay the shipping cost to send a replacement item to you. The replacement order will be sent via USPS Priority Mail once we receive our product back.

If anyone does a chargeback or does a claim to take the money out of the Pay Pal account how can someone expect to get the laptop if that means you haven't pay.

REPAIR PROCESS

Pell TECHNOLOGY offer free diagnostics for your laptop. Most companies will charge a flat fee or an hourly rate to just tell you what is wrong with your laptop. Pell Technology does this free of charge.

After you set up the repair for your laptop(s), Pell Technology will immediately quote you a price to repair your laptop without even looking at it. About 90% of the time, we will receive your laptop, repair it for the quoted rate, and return it back to you within the quoted turn-around time. Making it hassle free for YOU.

In some cases laptops require extensive repair or multiple repairs that involve expensive parts. More often than not, due to our component level motherboard repair (link), we are able to avoid these expenses. In some cases however, we can not.

Pell Technology sends email with the invoice for the repair cost, customers paid and technician moves forward with the repair. After payment is received laptop will ship back to customer normally by UPS Pell technology send email with tracking information so customer can keep track of their laptop. Pell technology add insurance to ship laptop to customer so in case something happen during shipping UPS Pay for any damage.

Regarding Customer Service
    Customers will place an order for a part that they don't need or they don't know how to install it. They sent the parts back to Pell Technology without the any information. No RMA Form. This makes even harder to try to help them. Pell Technology is there and it willing to repair your laptop instead of making you buys a new motherboard and even if the part is not in stock and they know they can get it Pell technology tries their best to get it for customer.

Pell Technology receives many calls daily for parts, for repair, and status on laptop. Voicemails also customer leave their name and phone number without any other information which makes difficult try to help them since they don't leave any reason why they called. Sometimes Customers call us (Saying it's mike calling call me back Please).Trying to talk to everyone is almost impossible but keep in mine that Pell Technology ways . The phone number, the fax number, email and the mailing address.

• Su
      14th of May, 2009

Laptop that are sent to Pell technology for repair Most of them Pell technology Fix them instead of replacing the whole motherboard or buying a whole new laptop. If it can't be repair by Pell technology they can offer a replacement in case the customer would like to do that. The invoice states Listed are the repairs and price needed to completely repair your laptop. If you agree with the price please pay this invoice and we will move forward and repair. We will ship out within 3-5 days. If the customer doesn't want it, they can contact Pell Technology and another invoice will be sent to them for the return shipping cost since there is not charge for the diagnostic or even if the technician spent time working on the customer's laptop.

There are some customers as Doris who didn't pay for the return shipping cost to return the laptop back to her and that's why laptop was still at Pell Technology waiting on payment. Until the supervisor contacts her and let her know about the status of her laptop and shipped her laptop back without charging her anything for shipping as a courtesy of Pell Technology for the delay and the miscommunication.

REPAIR PROCESS

Regarding Customer Service

• Te
      12th of Jun, 2009

BIGGGG RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE PELL TECHNOLOGY FOR YOUR LAPTOP REPAIRS!!!

• Cn
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I to was ripped off by this company for two 256 mb sticks of memory . After sending it back after they sent me the wrong memory. Let me remind you at my own expense and recieved by Zueleta. From mothers day to now still no response and company wont return E-mails or phone msg or pick up the phone. So $100 later months later I finally desputed charges on credit card to company. I suggest this action to anyone who has ordered from them . Not only will you get your money back but as far as I know It will also cost pell money .

• Ri
      5th of Jul, 2009

Always check first, I failed too and paid the price. First thing to do is find out if the company, in this case, pelltechnology.com is a legitimate website. One clue is to do a whois search. pelltechnology.com is registered using godaddy.com, who is allowing domainsbyproxy.com to register websites using an anonymous registration. Strickly illegal, but because they're located in the Republican petri dish, John McCain's home state of Arizona, they allow this sort of "Freedom From Regulation" crap. If the website owner is hidden, 19 times out of 20, the website is a fraud, or scam. I got taken, don't you be next! Btw, domainsbyproxy.com also needs to be put out of business.

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: PELLTECHNOLOGY.COM

Private, Registration PELLTECHNOLOGY.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

6th of Jul, 2009

THEY ARE A RIPOFF! I sent in a HP DV2200 for repair that took them 10 months of emails, phone calls and even efforts from the Tampa area Better Business Buerau just to return it back to me saying that they could not fix it, and when I got it back, it was missing internal parts (no bluetooth module, no speakers, 512Mb instead of 2Gb, 6 cell battery instead of 12 cell battery). They are thieves, there is no other way to describe this company. I cannot agree more wholeheartedly, DO NOT EVER SEND THEM ANYTHING FOR REPAIR!!!

• De
      8th of Jul, 2009

Pell Tech. sold me a DVD Drive that never worked. They would not return phone messages ( They never answer their phone). They would never answer emails. I never got a refund or a replacement! They are a TERRIBLE Company and should not be allowed to dupe the public.

Del Henry
    Best Little Computer Store

• Gr
      19th of Jul, 2009

Regarding the post from Pell Technology support team:

What you wrote is complete ###. I purchased a replacement monitor for my Toshiba Qosmio G-35 lap top. On their web site they claim to sell reclaimed parts that have been tested and are guaranteed in good working order. Well, the one they sent me was in no way in good shape of in working order. Like so many people here have said they do not answer phone calls or return e-mails. I reacted quick by shipping it back to Pell (with signature verification) and contacting my credit card company . I got the charges reversed on my credit card but then got a call from the credit card company saying Pell never received the laptop monitor. Idiots !! I had everything documented including the signature from some AZULTA at Pell accepting the returned monitor package. It is clear to me, Pell tech support team, that you are a scam. This will catch up with you.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY !!!