Pedlars / I've got only half of my order

I placed an order at Pedlars.com and only received half my order. I spend two weeks waiting for it. There was plenty of time for me to order from another company, but the staff at Craft Pedlars never notified me that they didn't ship the item. After waiting as long as I could, I called, asking them when the rest of my shipment was arriving. The rude person who answered the phone informed me that they were out of stock and therefore they didn't send them.

I proceeded to explain that I didn't know about it and that it would be helpful for them to let customers know when they don't send an item they committed to send. She said "Oh".

So now I have to spend my one day off driving all over the tri-state area trying to locate as many pieces as I need. I would say that Pedlars.com incompetence will wind up costing me a day of time and $30 in gas. I only hope that I can find all the pieces and deliver the order to my client on time, or they will have cost me a good paying client as well.

Va

Comments

• Te
      20th of Aug, 2008

All packing slips attached to every order clearly list what is and, if warranted, what is not shipped. If that was read, the customer would have realized when her order arrived, that the item ordered was not included. Unfortunately, we cannot call every customer when we are out of an item as it could be quite time consuming. We stock over 5, 000 items. For this reason, too, we do not do any backorders as often customers want to order something new or a replacement.
    There is an option on the website for notes where the vast majority of our customers will make note if they do wish to be called if an item is out of stock. We try very hard to update everything on a daily basis on the web site so that when we are out of an item, it is not shown on the site.
    While I am not specifically certain what was said by our employee, each are instructed to be courteous and helpful. My office sits right in the middle so I can hear all that is said and transpires so if I had heard an inappropriate comment, it would have been noted.
    I am sorry this issue was not clearly understood at the time. Posting this on the web was certainly not necessary as a simple, considerate resolution was possible. It appears that the customer did not review their packing list when the ordered arrived and make an immediate call.
    Terri