PeachDirect.com / Bait and switch!

I received a beautifully presented catalog in the mail displaying many items of interest to me. They claimed to offer products from Apple, Coach. LV, Gucci, Prada, YSL... Interest free credit for a year. Great, where do I sign up, right?

I am in the market for a new laptop and April, being a busy birthday month for me, always leaves me strapped. I was pleased to accept the credit offer. Well, everything I was interested in was mysteriously "out of stock" on their website and prompted me to do a little searching into the company. It seems they never have items "in stock". See this link posted by another member here...

Before you accept their line of credit or order anything check out the complaints here for "PEACH DIRECT".

I dodged a bullet, and will certainly not activate my account.

D  13th of Mar, 2007 by
I'm concerned about their stocking issues as well. I noticed when I called the other night about a camcorder, they told me it was discontinued.

I would find it hard to believe that GE Credit would provide services to a company that has a bad reputation. They are a large credit provider in the US and getting good credit from them is a good thing. I'm sure if there was some scamming going on, GE would pull the plug on their credit services.
A  22nd of Mar, 2007 by
I Have been waiting 3 months for 2 Compaq Desktop Computers that I ordered on 12/18/06. They sent me (1) computer & it was the wrong computer & a Flat-Panel Monitor that I didn't order & I am still waiting for them to send me return labels so I can send that computer back to them. Every time I call I get a different story & a whole lot of I'm sorries for your trouble. I have made 2 payments on them to keep GE Money from charging me a late fee. Now GE says don't make a payment till it gets fixed. No one can tell me when I will get my computers or where they are. I am very unhappy with them & ready to ask for my money back.I wish I hadn't ordered from now. Good Luck if you have ordered from them. Darrel.
N  18th of May, 2007 by
I'm glad i found this website. I just got a catalog in the mail from the today and I was looking at their low prices. But this changed my mind quickly.
A  18th of May, 2007 by
I purchased a notebook computer in May 2005. I also purchased an extended warranty that covered anything that happened to the computer it would be fixed or replaced at no charge. The computer has not been working since March 2006. I have to no avail wrote and called the company. The number that you call to order things and where you get the bill from states they have nothing to do with the warranty but see where I did purchase the extended warranty. I even returned the notebook with a letter but the address where I sent it refused the package. I am stuck paying on a notebook that cannot be used so my credit doesn't get messed up. I wouldn't buy another thing from Peach Direct.
N  25th of May, 2007 by
I also just received a very nicely presented catalog in the mail yesterday... I was curious about a laptop but after reading what quinter had to say just six days ago i now am definitely having my doubts about this "peachy" company... Thank you all for these very insightful comments
A  5th of Jul, 2007 by
I think this peach stinks, items seem to never be in stock. I have been waiting for two months for peach direct to replace 2,000 dollars back into my account. As I said THIS PEACH STINKS!
A  18th of Jul, 2007 by
I am so very thankful for running into this website and preventing me from falling into that trap. I would really have been disappointed.
A  30th of Jul, 2007 by
I also have been having trouble with peach. I recently bought a compaq computer and it doesn't work. Have been trying to reach peach but no luck yet and they don't answer e-mails either. I'm very disappointed with peachdirect.
A  9th of Aug, 2007 by
Peach Direct is the worst company i have ever dealt with. I ordered a 57 inch television from them that haven't even shipped yet. I try to e-mail them and they will NOT respond to e-mails. I call customer service, HA!, they have no customer service, just a bunch of scam artist that tell you what you want to hear. They think they can send you their product whenever they want, but they were not too happy when i asked them if i can pay them whenever i want. This company is horrible if you have not ordered from them yet, DON'T!!!
N  25th of Aug, 2007 by
hi i have to be neutral...i do have an account with PeachDirect..but i haven't ordered yet. Not because of bad reviews,just because i'm so busy. I am ready to order an item from them,i don't normally listen to what people say in a negative way... but is this really TRUE. I do want to trust them.Please tell me, you have this company mixed up with another company.....I pray it's not TRUE... I'M READY TO ORDER................THANKS...
N  25th of Aug, 2007 by
I also was on line to see more about peachdirect and saw the complaint web page and did not want to read it, because I to was ready to order. Since I have till Oct 1,2007 to accept the offer I will rethink about ordering from them and continue to return to this web site to see what other complaints come up between now and then.
for your comments
A  26th of Aug, 2007 by
Thank you. After receiving the catalog, I have been tempted to purchase a new desktop. I decided to check out more info about the computer and found other sources for less. Also searched peachdirect and found this. I am glad I found this before jumping into this quagmire. You have convinced me not to open an account.
A  1st of Sep, 2007 by
I ordered a desk top and right on time the tower and keyboard came but I had to wait for an extra couple of months to receive my monitor... I finally got it and all is well so far... I am now debating on weather or not I should make my second purchase or not...
A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
I haven't had a bad experience with peach direct yet. I think it may be because of what I have purchased . I did order two Ipods and at the time I ordered them they did not tell me they were out of stock . I had to wait about a month. I just recently ordered perfume and skin care and it was delivered right on time. I think this is a legitimate company but there is some waiting unfortunately.
A  5th of Sep, 2007 by
Well, i too appreciate all the feedback. I recently received their catalog and was surprised how much of a credit limit they gave me. I was thinking about a lap top, but now? No freaking way. I have ordered a $69 bottle of Aqa Degio perfume, and don't know why it will take 5-6 weeks to get here. Boo Hiss. I will definitely watch my future purchases, and for sure it will not be any thing electronic!!! Good luck to all.
A  12th of Sep, 2007 by
DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM PEACH DIRECT!!!! I ordered a purse for my wife in oct of 2006, thinking i would get it by chritmas time, i received the freakin purse in february.It was supposed to be a suprise for christmas, i ended up telling her about it.My wife kept wondering who i was calling all the time.Then i came to find out, theuy have nothing directly in stock, their just middlemen, they only ship the products for the different namr brand companys.As attractive as their advertisements are dont be fooled, save up your pennies & just by it at walmart.
N  15th of Sep, 2007 by
I recently received my credit acceptance but have not placed an order with the company. I wanted to check out what it was they had avaliable. I was not all that trilled by their website but did see a couple of things that I could use. When I called to apply for the credit they seemed like a scamming company to me. I was un sure of even giving them my SSI. I will definently wait to order anything from this company. Hey there is no cancellation fee from what they say. Thanks for the info!!!!
N  15th of Sep, 2007 by
D  16th of Sep, 2007 by
If you have any questions, concerns or unresolved issues, please contact me and I would be more than happy to assist.

Dean Kim
Peach Direct
Corporate Office
Email: dkim@peachdirect.com
N  28th of Sep, 2007 by
Hello, like so many other people I have a new account but haven't ordered anything yet. Why so many problems? I'm afraid to order anything. Is any of this true or can you shed any light as to what is happening with not having products in stock or why things take so long to receive? Thank you so much.