PDC Spas / They don't stand behind their products

I just came in from discovering more leaks in the plumbing of my spa. My tub has had one problem or another for more than 50% of the time. Before this spa I owned one from Home Depot that worked without a problem for 13 years. It actually moved with us 2 times. From day one my PDC Spa has been a nightmare. The spa has had the control panel replace multiple times. My circuit breaker blows on a regular basis. I have flashing lights. I used to keep the spa running over the winter to prevent freeze up but the cost was close to $ 200/ month so I gave up on that idea. I use my 100 cfm compressor which I use to blow out my clients sprinkler systems to clear out the lines on my tub. You would figure after 6 cycles the water would be out. But it is not. Every manifold is cracked. I repaired 2 last week hoping that was it, but when I filled the tub today the rest on the other side were also leaking. Why not a single drain connected to a tee branching to the end of each manifold. There shouldn't be the need for anti-freeze. Don't buy a pdc spa.

Sv

Comments

• Tr
      26th of Mar, 2009

Mr. Parkinson,

My name is Travis Reed and I am the Product Support Director with PDC Spas, I would like to be able to speak with you about the problems that you have had with your spa. If you could please contact me at PDC Spas at 1-800-451-1420 or email me at treed@pdcspas.com. I look forward for the chance to speak with you and talk about the problems that have occurred. Thanks.

Travis Reed
    Product Support Director
    PDC Spas

24th of Aug, 2009

Dear Consumer,

I am Travis Reed the Product Support Director at PDC Spas. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have experience with your PDC Spa. I would like for you to contact me at PDC Spas at 1-800-451-1420. We can disscuss your problem and see if there is somthing that can be done to take care of it for you.

Travis Reed
    Product Support Specialist
    PDC Spas

I got the same problems

28th of Jan, 2011

I have same problems with leaks

I have same problems

31st of Jan, 2011

Dear Albert G,

My name is Travis Reed and I am the Product Support Director at PDC Spas. I would like for you contact me directly at my PDC Spas email Treed@pdcspas.com, or if you would like to contact me by phone at 1-800-451-1420. I would like the opportunity to help you with any problems you may be having. Thanks.

• Se
      5th of Apr, 2011

I've worked on spas for over 15 years and in my experience no manufacturer has set up drains for every manifold in every model of spa. I seldom use anti-freeze but instead I blow out each jet with a shop vac in reverse mode and then I loosen any connections at heater and pumps that are able to be loosened. I have never had a manifold break after I have followed these prceedures. Dont blame any specific manufacurer freeze damage. If your not sure how to winterize then find a service co. that will do it and guarantee their work.
    Service Tech in Delaware