PDA Smart Service / Poor customer service

1 715 Discovery Blvd., Suite 506Cedar Park, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512)528-0333

I sent my Blackberry Pearl to PDASmart to replace the charging port. It was returned to me in approximately one week in the same package that I had mailed it in. I found my cell phone secure and wrapped and when I looked at it I was in shock! My telephone had been broken (chipped) on the corner and the case forced closed and jammed together leaving it partly open. I didn't want to try to open it, for fear of damaging it more. I cannot even believe my phone was sent back to me in this condition! They were recommended on a major site and now my $300.00 cell has been trashed.

I called the Cedar Park office the next day and I was told by the receptionist that my phone arrived cracked. I asked why then wasn't I contacted because I fully insured it. She said they don't do that, they just log it in. I then ask why was the corner of the phone now broken completely off and the corner was missing. She said she had no idea. I inquired why was the case jammed and she said I could speak to a technician. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she gave me to the technician. He said in a rude manner-that is the way you sent your phone. I stated I wanted the side piece that was chipped to be replaced. The tech. told me you can send it here but I can't tell you if we will fix it and it we aren't paying the postage. I again asked to speak to a supervisor and he stated I am the only supervisor. I attempted to make one more call and asked to speak to a manager. The receptionist informed me because of confidentiality she was the only one I could speak to.

The charging port was replaced and I did eventually get the case unjammed and the prongs bent down so the case will fit. However, what kind of customer service policy does this company have? Do they check phones when they go out? My phone was not chipped and broken when I sent it to them. I am very disappointed with this company.

Comments

• Cl
      29th of Mar, 2010

I agree. I sent them a PSP for repair. They kept it for two months indicating they didn't have the part and it had to be shipped from oversease. When the part arrived, they determind that another part needed repair. I told them not to do the other repair and just send it back to me. A week later, I still haven't received my PSP so I email. I'm told that they refunded my money but they still hadn't shipped it back. When asked why the refund? The told me they uninstalled the original part that was to be repaired. How stupid is that?