Pctools.com / Internet Fraud

1 Mexico Review updated:

I live in Mexico, have a Mexican Credit Card and even having NOT used any service offered by PCTOOLS ever, I've been charged twice on my credit card for 40usd. The first time that has happend was on Jan 29th 2009. To close that issue I went to my bank and claimed on internet fraud, the money was replaced back a few days later but my surprise was a few minutes ago when I just review my Credit card charges of the month and found out another charge from "WWW.PCTOOLS.COM [protected]" for $40 usd. That is when I look for my files and found out the similar fraud charge a year ago. Please do not trust this company and make all the possible to stop this internet fraud, I don't know how.

I wonder how do they have my credit information even having not used their services, of course they have access to that information from other stores or simply spyware (something they might be experts). Be careful!

Comments

• Ta
      26th of Nov, 2010
    Pctools.com - I will have to contact my c.c. and go through the hassle of disputing the charge
    Pctools.com
    pctools.com

I purchased spydoctor from this site, and downloaded it. One year later I receive a renewal invitation. It instructed me to go to their website to "update" my preferences. I went there because I did not want to renew the software, so assumed it would be easy enough to do. Wrong! As I attempted to "log in", I was told a password would be sent to my email address. It never came. Instead, when I did not receive it, I went back to their website to find that my credit card (which they kept on file) was going to be charged TODAY for the renewal. I was told, "Don't worry, relax, your software is being automatically renewed." There were no phone numbers, no live chat without a license number, asked for that to be sent to me, they sent me the license number for the NEW software that I just paid for, it was a circle that led no where. These people have a closed system, and once they get your c.c. number, you are virtually helpless to make contact with them. I will have to contact my c.c. and go through the hassle of disputing the charge. What a racket!

27th of Nov, 2012
    Pctools.com - Without using the product I was subsequently billed in 2012 with an automatic renewal
    Pctools.com
    pctools.com

I purchased Registry Mechanic from PC Tools online in 2011 without any online mention of automatic renewals. Without using the product I was subsequently billed in 2012 with an automatic renewal. The re-billing was without my consent or notification, and PC Tool refused to refund the money because the claim period had expired. When I spoke with PC Tool they had no interest in satisfying me as a customer and were adamant, as if they knew that credit card companies will not file a clam after 120 days. PC tools has since changed the renewal notifications and web page.