PcSurplusOnline.com / No customer service

This company is horrible to work with. I actually drove an hour and a half to their location to pick up a part and they admitted to having 7 of them on site, but REFUSED, even after my pleading to allow me to purchase the $20 part because they are 'an internet company'... not a retail store.

No apologies... they simply told me I'd have to order online, but I could get the part by tomorrow morning by paying $25 for shipping (I already paid that much in gas to get there.

No where on their site does it say they don't sell over the counter and they even have a VISA and MASTERCARD logo on their door along with 'hours' on their website with an address.

The company puts no effort into going above and beyond with customer service. Don't buy anything from them.

En

Comments

• Pc
      15th of Jun, 2009

We're truly sorry for your negative experience,

PCSurplusOnline is an internet sales company. 100% of our sales come from eBay listings and website sales. We have a lot of daily freight traffic on our little side street and for liability reasons we are not setup with a retail storefront.

In regard to your statement where we never disclose a 'no pickup' policy, but we do:

Both our website & ebay state in their terms, that we do not offer local pickups at this time. Our front office has signs posted on all of the doors 'No Walk-In Sales' We do honor special request for large freight orders to be picked up on-location via a customers contracted freight provider. A local pickup fee is involved on these orders. The items must be pulled, wrapped, skidded, and strapped prior to being loaded. The pickup fee helps cover these costs.

If you would consider PC Surplus Online again in the future, we ask that you take a moment to check out our all-new website. As a thank you for your continued business, you may use our Group Code discount when you sign up for your new PCSO account. Using Group Code 'FRUGAL' at signup will net you %10 off every order you make.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In the future if need anything, and have special shipment or pickup needs, please call us directly and we will make our best effort to work something out. Toll-free 1866-784-4400 9-6PM M-F EST

PC Surplus http://www.pcsurplusonline.com
    eBay http://myworld.ebay.com/pcsurplusonline.com
    Twitter http://www.twitter.com/pcsurplusonline

• Di
      21st of Jul, 2010

I had a great experience... this place is a giant warehouse basically. Maybe because of experiences like Endy had, the guy warned me before coming to make the pickup that it was something the rarely do, with the exception of oversized frieght stuff... I was picking up an LCD, and was nearby. Other than it being a big ol warehouse, and being served by a shipping clerk who's job isn't dealing with the public, I was pretty happy with them.

I guess its all in your expectations... I like saving money, and will go to salvage yards, swap meats, and discount shops to find the best price. That being said, I don't expect Target or Big Buy service from a Mom & Pop shop dishing up discount computer stuff. Keep up the good work guys! Sorry you got burned by Endy. I'll be back :)

-Dizzle