PCSecurity.com / Useless application / non-exsistant customer service

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-615-7443

Purchased PC Security Shield (Internet security Pkg) . Installation required telecon with seller for effective installation. Upon installation, system instability continued. Transmitting EMail msgs to the PCSecurity Customer service link requesting assistance on several occassions, inclusive of error messages received by their system (as instructed in PCSecurity service protocol/instructions. was simply ignored or answered with a "canned" we will get to it type message was. The most impressive response(s) began with a message advising that the Conficker Virus had created a longer than usual response time to service inquiries --- This message was received in no less than 3 additional responses to service inquiries for about a month after the conficker virus identified. As it was apparrent there was no intention by this entity to address service issues I simply uninstalled the software, purchased a known effective competitior's software package and my system has had no issues whatsoever. I then contacted PCSecurity.com customer service and reviewed the difficulty I had experienced in addressing system errors with the software and the systemic instability issues, included my product key # and requested a refund. Made this request on no less than 3 occaisions in addition to a final opportunity for PCSecurity to mitigate the complaint. All communications were answered with the typical PCSecurity non response time and "canned statement of an excuse for thier inability to effecively address the issue. They do however request that you call them which I tried on 2 occassions and was not interested in the endless hold game.

Bottom line with these clowns is don't wast your $ or time. The system in my opinion appears to be a beta version and from my experience, the Customer service element of the service is pathetically overstated at best. After 60+ days it is apparrent that initiating a reversal of charges is apparently the only effective method of mitigation.

Mi

Comments

• St
      3rd of Sep, 2010

I was looking for an Anti-Virus program. Came across PC Security Shield for what seemed like a decent price of 19.99 - so, I thought I would give it a shot.

On the purchase page was $19.99 and the PayPal logo right next to it. I paid via PayPal. As I always do with a transaction, I checked my PayPal account immediately. I was shocked to see a charge of $39.99 on my statement.

I went back to the PC Security Shield website to verify the $19.99 cost. It was right there. I started to scan the page and found that at the very bottom of the website was a statement that $19.99 was after rebate. I was outraged that the company would not post this information next to the PayPal checkout graphic, or give a better explanation of the true cost of the software.

There was no way to get in touch with the company. I had to call PayPal and complain about the PC Security Shield website practices. I was lucky that PayPal did their research and also agreed with me that this was a bad business practice and refunded my money.

I ended up buy Sunbelt Software's VIPRE anti-virus program for a little bit more and it works great. The kicker is - the VIPRE software blocks access to the PC Security Shield website due to KNOWN HARMFUL CONTENT. I had to laugh.

STAY AWAY FROM PS SECURITY SHIELD SOFTWARE. NO CONTACT NUMBER, NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM. IF YOU DO PURCHASE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT OVER CHARGED.

• Es
      26th of Sep, 2010

Security Shield sent a Warning of Virus to me under the name of Windows Security. When I clicked for them to fix the virus, it sent me to their website to get anti-virus software for $49.99. Then they held my computer hostage! I couldn't get online til I bought their product. I went on internet chat/help. They said I had to get their product. They gave me a phone number which turned out to be dead.
    Finally I noticed they put their logo on my desktop. I deleted and they are GONE! But they still try to get back in with a threat of virus. I just X them out. Not cancel as that will get you back on their website. DANGEROUS SITE.