PCFix247.com Team / computer virus repair

1 145 Park Avenue, 39th Floor, Manhattan, New York, 10167 United States, United States Review updated:

A Popup appeared on my computer screen which could not be removed. It was accompanied by a message telling me I had a virus and gave me a phone number to call for repair.
Trying various ways to get rid of the popup that followed me to every site I entered, I gave up and called the number to remove the virus.
The tech support site I called represented themselves as employees of Microsoft. They took over my computer, kept me on the phone with them for nearly three hours. They would not remove the virus unless I bought their service for $299.99. I finally relented and made the purchase.

I feel I was scammed. How did the virus popup arrive at the same time in the same window as the information to call for repair.
Technical Support Toll Free Number 1 888 855 9929
Customer Service Toll Free Number 1 (888) 8773426 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM (EST)
You can also write to us at customerservice@pcfix247.com
Thank you again for contacting pcfix247.com
pcfix247.com Team

Pe
Jun 11, 2018

Comments

• Fi
      1st of Oct, 2018

I, too, was scammed. The same happened while I was on my computer. An alarm went off, and a pop-up window told me to immediately call their number to remove the virus. So, I did, and foolishly I got sucked into the $299.99 deal for a year. Shortly afterwards, I did some investigating about PC Fix 247 and learned about their scam. I had not finished with the transaction and told them to refund my money immediately. The person would not do it, then put a lady on who gave me the same line of crap. I sent a complaint to the FTC and IC3 and told the scammers that I had. I still receive non-stop calls from the same number: 609-275-0532. This happens all day, starting at about 7:30 AM. My next step is to call my phone company to see if they can block this number. It is clear harassment and extremely annoying.

• 9w

@fiddler77 what you got most likely is a malware hijacker
    as where this message claims to find errors, virus or whatever ( there are several variations)
    its a scam
    best bet is to get your anti-virus up todate and do a full scan

1st of Oct, 2018

I just found that I could have the number blocked through my phone co. It was so easy; now I'm waiting for the scammers to try to reach me with another no.

• Mi
      12th of Oct, 2018

When you get the alert on your PC, it keeps repeating "Do not turn your computer off" The reason for this is that it will usually clear the problem, and it would immediately show you that you don't need the PC scam that PCFix247 is trying to sell you.
    I have gotten at least four instances of this scam over the last year. They trigger their notice when you hit certain sites or even download an update such as Adobe. I always ask their technical why it is always and only Indian guys who are offering to repair my computer. That usually puts them on the defensive, and starts to give them the message that I am on to them and not going to pay them.
    But by all means, when they tell you to enter information that will allow them to access your computer, definitely don't do it. Try hitting the ESC key. If that doesn't work, shut off your computer properly, and the warning should be gone when you reboot.

12th of Oct, 2018

I have since changed my phone greeting to exclude my name and phone no. It has helped tremendously to reduce the number of scam calls.

9th of Nov, 2018

This same idiot did the same thing to us only he wanted $1, 300 and he even broke into our bank accounts and tried to send himself a check. We stopped payment and moved all of our bank accounts and shut down all of our credit cards.