Pc Tools / Registry Mechanicauto renewal

1 Review updated:

I downloaded Registry Mechanic from PC Tools last year, but didn't like it so uninstalled and cancelled my account. Last week they put through a charge for $29.95 to my bank account for an auto-renewal of my subscription. The charge came from DRI*ELEMENT5.com. I called my bank that day and disputed the charge and they said it did look like a fraud because they could see that the card number had been entered manually at the point of purchase. They put a block on my card and said they would send me a new one. In the meantime they also opened a fraud case and started working on a refund (I have USAA - best.bank.ever.). The refund came through a couple of days later and the original charge is gone, but in it's place there is now a charge from DRI*PCTOOLS.COM [protected] MN for the same amount.

Sh

Comments

• Ac
      Oct 19, 2008

Hi,

For more information on this charge, please check out - http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50304.

Most of PC Tools’ products are sold as a 12 subscription – you will typically see “Subscription including all new versions, unlimited smart updates and customer support for 1 year” or similar displayed on the purchase page.

A subscription product includes ongoing product support and software upgrades for the term of the subscription. As part of the purchase process you will have agreed to allow PC Tools to automatically renew your subscription which means you will continue to receive support and updates for the product. The renewal will be for periods equal to the length of the initial term, normally one (1) year, unless stated otherwise. Prior to each anniversary of the date of purchase, we will use the credit card or debit card details provided at purchase to renew your subscription for an amount that is no greater than PC Tools' then-current price of the product, including any volume discounts.

Should you wish to change your product subscription from auto-renewal to manual-renewal, or update your email address and account details you may do so by securely logging into MyAccount (www.pctools.com/myaccount/) using the email address and password you first purchased with or you could send a private message (via PC Tools forum - www.pctools.com/forum) to me (AChen) with you're license code or order number and I can follow this up for you.

• Gu
      Nov 22, 2008
    Pc Tools / Registry Mechanic - Unauthorized Yearly Auto-renewal
    PC Tools
    Minnesota
    Phone: [protected]

I purchased Registry Mechanic on-line in NOV 2017. I just noticed a charge on my credit card on Nov 2, 2017 from DRI*PC TOOS.COM [protected] for $29.95. I called the phone number and after a 15 minute wait was told that the charge was for auto-renewal of Registry Mechanic. I said I did not request auto renewal, and was unhappy that they still had my credit card number on file after 1 year. The told me they would issue a credit and remove me from auto renewal. I contacted my credit card company and filed a complaint.

• Tw
      Oct 18, 2010

I have canceled with them TWICE already and they still charged my credit card. I get that it's an auto renewal thing but I canceled my "subscription" last year and I was still charged!

PC Tools are nothing but thieves! Especially in my case when my account clearly states that both orders have been canceled and my last subscription was to expire August 2017! It's October 2017!!

Explain that PC Tools!?!?!?!?