P.C. Richard and Son / Sexual harassment

1 1984 86th StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-265-6400

Yesterday afternoon (March 3rd 2010), I was in one of the companies stores in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn doing my home work on a particular TV set. As I'm doing so one of the employees in the store, the cashier I suppose, decided it was approriate to start yelling obsencites at one of the salesmen. I am an open minded person, as everyone in these days and times should be. And for one person to be calling another a "###", is completely unacceptable, especially at a place of business. Wether the man was indeed gay, or the women has some sort of problem with the salesman is beyond me. But for a company that prides itself in being family owned, you would think it would be a family type of environment. Thank goodness I didn't bring my daughter as I had planned to. I will never be taking my business to this store EVER again, I'll be going to Best Buy from now on. I strongly urge everyone else to do the same.

Jacob.

Ja

Comments

9th of Mar, 2010

Jacob,
    I agree that what happened was wrong, but, at the time the situation occurred, did you say something? If you addressed the situation with management in the store, I'm sure it would have been taken care of. Is it really fair to hold a whole organization responsible for the actions of one person? I completely agree that you should encourage people not to shop there anymore, but only if management did nothing about it. Because then the company would be condoning what happened. Even now, I bet if you call their corporate office, or write them an email to their website, it will be addressed. This is too serious of a situation not to be investigated. Take that step, call the corporate office, write an email... see where that gets you... if they don't do anything about that situation then, at that point it would be fair to encourage people to shop elsewhere. Let us know what happens, because I'm interested on how this gets handled now.

• Pc
      16th of Mar, 2010

Hi Jacob:

Allison at P.C. Richard & Son here. I sent you a direct message shortly after you posted this complaint with a customer service contact. We would love to hear from you to know more about the situation so we can take appropriate action. Please get in touch with us at your earliest convenience.

Allison
    P.C. Richard & Son

• Be
      8th of Dec, 2011
    P.C. Richard and Son - What a shame, a company/manager James that is willing to loose $4,000 worth of sales for a measly 250.00 Wow!!!
    P.C. Richard and Son
    317 Route 17 South
    Paramus
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1-201- 262-7676
    pcrichard.com

I'm so mad I just got back from P.C. Richard and Son in Paramus, after I was toldby Mo they will not exchange my ipod touch!!! I purchased about 4k worth of electronics over the past 3 weeks at PC Richards and this is how you treat your customers?!!!

Included in the purchase was an Ipod touch, I wanted to use this on the dock I purchased from the same store 3 years earlier. Unfortunately, the Ipod doesn't seem to fit...on any Ipod dock! The Ipod is obviously defective.

Being that I purchased the Ipod 2 weeks earlier, I would think a simple exchange would be and easy task. Nope, I was told that I needed a new dock, then I explained the situation and they proceeded to test the Ipod on the docks located on the floor.

The salesmen Mo did conclude that the Ipod was defective. Once I mentioned exchange I was told to speak to a manager James, and he explained that they don't accept exchanges or refunds on Ipods because of Apple's agreement with P.C. Richard and Son. I told him it wasn't fair and a few other choice words.

So, now I contact Apple only to be told that if the Ipod wasn't purchased at the Apple location they can't exchange it for a new one.

But, I could get a "serviced" (refurbished), Ipod under the warranty policy!

So now I'm stuck with an Ipod that doesn't function the way it should and both Apple andP.C. Richard and Son have my money.

I'm never shopping at P.C. Richard and Son again!!! I also plan on returning every single piece of merchandise I bought at P.C. Richard and Son for a full refund since I only purchased 10 days ago. What a shame, a company/manager James that is willing to loose $4, 000 worth of sales for a measly 250.00 Wow!!!

• Yv
      8th of Dec, 2011
    P.C. Richard and Son - The manager James told me it's not possible because the employee who had sold me the warranty had made a mistake, I can only have a refund.
    P.C. Richard and Son
    317 Route 17 South
    Paramus
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1-201- 262-7676
    pcrichard.com

Do not purchase from P.C. Richard and Son. They are having a serious cash flow problem!
    I bought a warranty from PC Richard for my computer for 5 years from 2006 to 2011. When the contract was over, I bought another one for 5 more years, 2011 to 2015. My computer crashed, I took it to the store like I used to do for repair. The manager James told me it's not possible because the employee who had sold me the warranty had made a mistake, I can only have a refund.