Paypal Inc / unauthorized charge

United States Review updated:

I received an email from PayPal Inc.com saying a charge for $189.95 was being put on my credit card for a purchase from John Angels for some Expert Detective Software. I do not know who this is and I certainly did not authorize this charge. The transaction ID 20433666fg486722n. An email to the paypal.inc.com did not go through. I will be forwarding this to local authorities by friday. Your response is important in tracking this charge and the person who allegedly made the purchase.

Comments

Za
  28th of Aug, 2008
i just got a charge for $1 after i used paypal on ebay, WTF
Em
  14th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm never trusting the internet with my card info, these people commit scams it should be illegal!! to do business on internet without identity of the ones in charge. I receive a notice that I was going to be charge with a $189USD on my account from Paypal. I never request anything for $189USD now the company paypal close their website down. I will report this to authorities. I even tried to dispute this claim the site was a phishing link!!! I want to talk with who's in charge.
Ma
  23rd of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also was sent an e-mail in regards to a cahrge of $189USD, I'm not sure what to think about this being that the "dispute site" does not work. If anyone figures out whats going on let us know how to fix it.
Ro
  8th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got same email in a email address which do not have any paypal account associated to, it appears to be a scam email, hoping you click the link the provided. Once you did, they can steal your credential.
Ma
  12th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is a 100% scam. It is a phishing email(it steals your paypal login info) and then will send the money to an account. Notice how it says paypal.inc.com, well thats the dead giveaway.
Ro
  23rd of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have 3 in my email. I went to paypal and checked my payment history for the past 12 months and no transactions were made. It is nothing more than a scam to steal paypal info so it can be used to steal from you. Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com (found through security services on the paypal site)
Sa
  5th of Jan, 2009
I regularly get emails from this company (Paypal Inc) - at a quick glance it appears as Paypal in my inbox but then when looking at the email without opening it is Paypal Inc.

They are asking for information that the genuine Paypal should have and each time I get one of these emails I report it to spoof@paypal.com and call paypal and inform them. Also, there is never anything charged to my genuine Paypal account. This is yet another example of a scam.

This happens so often that the genuine Paypal cannot keep up with the problems. This is yet another example of internet scams due to lack of controls which would be impossible to monitor. These companies should be automatically shutdown. I have one very low limited credit card that I use for internet purchases and constantly monitor the balance of the account onthe few ocassions that I use the card
Nu
  2nd of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YES, DEFINITELY PAYPAL AN EBAY COMPANY DOES COMMIT FRAUD AND STEAL FROM INNOCENT PEOPLE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE THIEVES. THEY TEAM UP WITH BOGUS COMPANIES TO GAIN YOUR INFORMATION AND STEAL YOUR MONEY.

PayPal Logo PayPal