PayMyBill.com / PayMyBill.com

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I made a payment on PayMyBill.com last December in order to clear my credit history. The money was processed, as confirmed by my bank and my credit history was cleared. But this week I got a letter from a collection agency claiming that the amount was never paid.

Comments

• Va
      17th of Jan, 2008

We paid this bill to IBN Inter-Telecom oner a year ago.

• Te
      24th of Apr, 2008

I feel your pain. I too have a bill for $152.50 that I paid to Paymybill on March 3rd of this year and I am told the company that was to recieve the payment has not gotten it. It has been almost two months now. I have records showing that Paymybill took the money from my bank account. I will not pay the bill again...I would like to know what is happening to the money we give them.

• As
      15th of May, 2008

I have the same issue. Who were you sending your money to? I was sending mine to Asset Acceptance, and I have heard they like to mess with their "customers" who have Zombie debt with them. I've read up on instances where lawyers were needed to get them to get off their backs. It might not be paymybill.com at all, and may just be Asset Acceptance?

• Pi
      17th of Jun, 2008

I too paid paymybill.com back on February 12, 2008 and they did not pay the collection agency. Now I am getting dinged on my credit report for not paying my bill. I am pissed off and I will get recourse against them!!!

• Pe
      15th of Nov, 2008

AGREED! I got behind on my medical builds so they sent me to "Asset Systems Collection Agency." Later, I received a letter in the mail stating that instead of paying the full $150 I owed, they would let me pay a discount of $90. I called to pay the $90 and they said the $90 was for the first payment and I would still owe the other $60 later? ###s. The letter they sent me was obviously pointless if that was the case. Now Im getting call after call from Asset Systems stating that they have not received my payment. My bank account shows they've deducted the money out but they're obviously scamming people and not paying the collection agency. I will NOT pay this bill again. Their terms of use say it should only take 5 days for the payment to be processed. It has since been two months since I made that payment! They will not get away with this.

26th of Nov, 2008

I HAVE NEVER HAD A ACCOUNT WITH AT&T. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU GUYS ARE BILLING ME. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN AT&T PHONE. I WOULD PLEASE LIKE TO GET THIS RESOLVED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY NEW INFORMATION.

• Ha
      10th of Dec, 2008

If you had any smarts what so ever. PayMyBill is not a collection agency. They are a payment processor for several collection agencies. Instead of bashing a good company, why don't you bash the company who sent you the letter.

JUST PAY YOUR BILLS YOU DEAD BEAT!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

• Da
      7th of Mar, 2009

I received a letter from Asset Acceptance claiming I owed them money. I've never had an account with them or the people they are claiming to represent. I went online and found nothing but fraud complaints for this company.
    The website they advertise on their supposed bill isn't even a valid website. Beware !!! Scam alert !!!

• Ba
      5th of May, 2009

always get a copy of what you pay and if you do it online print something out to cover your self, and always call the company you owe first to see what the balance is, cause i have done that and it was alot less than those companys tring to collect money, and make sure you look at your credit report as well, i keep a copy of everything including the letter they send me and a copy of what i send and than the copy from the bank saying it was paid, cover it all and fight them if they keep calling its harrasing

• Ba
      5th of May, 2009

its harrassing when they call more than once in a day and to call everyday, dang we know the bill is late but when you dont have money to pay it than you cant those collection people are rude and mean and threaten you with all kinds of things, so this is what i do i tell them about a law and than they leave me alone i did some research and it works i work on paying my bills off at my pace not theres,

30th of May, 2010

I got a call from my collection agency so on March 17 I paid the bill and everytime i contact Columbiahouse they say they have no record from pay bill.

• Ha
      23rd of Sep, 2010

Pay my bill is a payment processor. Sometimes they do mess up when you call them and give you the wrong number to call about the payment but if you stick with it you will find that ...Oh yeah I remember making that payment...you may even remember someone telling you that on your bank statement it will say pay my bill . If they give you the wrong number call them back. Or check your checking acct register to see if you made a payment to someone on or around the same date for the same amount and call them to verify it was them. Don't freak out it doesnt help.

1st of Aug, 2011

My name is Jalisha Adams and I've paid my bill but instead of showing me all the information of my payment they sent out another letter stating that I still owed that and possibly more. This is my first time being sent to collections, but I don't have the money to keep paying something that I already paid, it's so not fair and wish something can be done about it.

9th of Apr, 2012

We settled a dept through them on the website and unfortunately the reference number got misplaced. They sent us out the same bill and when we called we exclaimed that we have the bank statement and had paid the bill. I called the bank and they said the check was cashed at their office -asset acceptance. They said sorry we need the reference number and kept asking us how we'd like to pay. It's already hard enough to get out of dept let alone have a company take the money from you and claim not to have. It would cost more then the original dept to sue them, so i guess we are screwed. You'd think the bank statement would be more then enough...