Payless Merchandise / Payless Merchandise

we've received a false complaint from a customer and replied to it on this site, but our response is just not displayed!!!
what kind of site is this when there's room for only one side to tell the "part of the truth" and the other side has no way of protecting itself?!

Tony G. has written we've sent him a broken item with missing parts. this is the response to his complaint which was probably deleted by someone...

>>>
Prior to the order we received a call from the customer, he wanted to be sure he will get the new product. As soon as he ordered it from the website, we prepared a brand new Altec Lansing iM600 to be shipped, packed it and sent. A few days later we received another call from the customer, he stated the product he's received was not new and that he'd like to return it becasue the time would not allow for an exchange. We agreed to that and sent him a shipping label for the product. Once we received the product, we found out we did ship the customer the right item, the box was of a brand new Altec Lansing. As we opened the box, we checked for the serial number and learnt the product the customer has shipped us was not the one we shipped him, the one we received was used and not in a working condition. Parts that were supposed to come with the iM600 were missing.

We've had this business opened for over a year, hundreds of customers have come to out physical location, purchased many products, they like the fact that they can test it in the store and make sure everything is ok with the product. Our internet business has been running for 4 years now. Therefore we are sorry to hear about an unhappy customer and even though it was not our fault, we have given the customer a refund of $79.99.
<<<

Comments

• Bo
      9th of May, 2008

If have someone has a complaint against your business, why is it false? If I were a customer, and I received a faulty product and returned it to the store, lets say Walmart or Target...they dont accuse me of switching purchases, NO! They give me my money back. ( provided I have a receipt)...shame on you Payless Merchandise. We as customers trust that what you sell us and that we pay our hard earned money for, works! Why can't it be that you accept the customers complaint, and go back to work. Instead, you need to be "right" ..and look where its got you...bad Internet press.

• To
      12th of Aug, 2008

Bob, try to take a look from the othere site. We keeping serial numbers from products we sell in our store as well as over the internet store. From time to time, there is someone who try to return his own not working product (which is out of warranty) to our store. If the serial number doesn't match our number for certain product, it is obvious, something is wrong.
    We working very hard to get best prices on the market and we working very hard to get and keep our customers happy, but we must also protect ourself against cheaters.
    Try to deal with customers just for one day and share your experience with us.
    Have a nice day.

• Fr
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Payless Merchandise - Fraud business
    Payless Merchandise
    Oklahoma

I purchased a supposedly new DVD player from Payless Mercandise. It arrives and it does not work properly on the HDMI channel like its supposed to. I call them and "Maria" says insure it and send it back. They get it and claim there was nothing wrong with it. LIE! She will not refund me. She tells me to go through the PO and get my refund online. She says she does this all the time and thats only if you use click n ship or ebay. For me to get my refund she has to surrender the product to the PO which at first she wouldnt do. I have called the post master and now they are doing an investigation on this company. I will also be contacting the BBB. THIS COMPANY IS SCAMMERS. I THINK THEY SELL USED STUFF ALSO AND POST IT AS NEW!! Email if you need the post masters number. I think he needs to hear complaints so we can get there doors shut!!!

• Ar
      30th of Jan, 2009

Do you really keep track of serial numbers? Is that a fact or fantasy? Can't see why you react defensive if you can validate your claim.
    "Try to deal with customers just for one day and share your experience with us" That sounds to me like a lot of customers complain about products you sell. Why do you think that is? Well, I think you know!

• Lo
      4th of Feb, 2009
    Payless Merchandise - Terrible experience
    Payless Merchandise
    paylessmerchandise.com

I purchased a Touch Screen 2GB MP4 Player that was advertised as new. The price was high for an electronic gadget that was on the market for 2 years.

The player that I received had a loose socket that made data transfer and charging impossible. The MP4 player didn't identify a manufacturer, had no visible serial number or inspection sticker. The included adapter was unsafe and noncompliant with US codes.

I returned the player and adapter and requested a refund. An associate of Payless Merchandise told me that they had another new Touch Screen 2GB MP4 Player in stock and I had no right to a refund or substitution. I was also informed that if I would deny the receipt I would forfeit my rights and they would keep both, the player and the money I paid for the defective one.

The replacement I received was in a box sealed with a Payless Merchandise tape, but it included an alternate adapter. The replacement had also a loose socket, as the one before, but was operable. Furthermore I discovered that on this one two other functions don't work.

I looked at the replaced device and found that the screws showed slight marks of manipulation. I suspected this player was opened to repair/stabilize the socket. With photos I had taken I was able to confirm that the replacement was identical to the previous one.

Irritated I confronted Payless Merchandise and this was the e-mail I received: 'When we received the package we took it out of the box and tested it. There was no work done on the player. You complained about the charger, you stated it was not working properly. We did replace the charger, tested it and there was not a problem.'

I never stated that the charger wasn't working. My complaint was that I purchased a new MP4 player and Payless Merchandise shipped a defective used player instead with an adapter that is not approved for sale in the US. The replacement was not another new player, but the return of the refurbished first one which now had different malfunctions.

• Fr
      5th of Feb, 2009
    Payless Merchandise - Fraud business
    PAYLESS MERCHANDISE
    Villa Park
    Illinois

THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS! THEY SENT ME A BROKEN DVD PLAYER AND WOULDNT REFUND MY MONEY OR SEND ME ANOTHER ONE. I AM COMPLAINING TO THE BBB AND SUGGEST EVERYONE DO THE SAME.

• Is
      6th of Feb, 2009

I have different experience.

• Rd
      24th of Nov, 2009

I wouldn't agree with any of information above, I have only pleasant experience with this merchant.