Payless Car Rental / Rental Fee Deceptive Practice

USBank Credit Card Dispute Case Number: 1903601FEB16 ( USBank Credit Card ending 6127)
On the morning of Jan 18 2016 I booked a car rental from Payless at Hotwire for Miles: includes unlimited mileage, Seating: 4 adults, Cargo: 1 large, 1 small suitcase, Models: Kia Rio or
similar†Features: Automatic Transmission, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, AM/FM Stereo. at $14.14 daily rate:
Cost summary
Car daily rate $14.14
Rental days 12
Estimated taxes and fees $152.37
Estimated subtotal $322.07
Rental car company will bill you when you return the car.
Estimated trip total $322.07
When I reached Seatac airport rental counter around noon they claimed they no longer have the Kia car. "We have a similar car Hyundai Elantra. Do you want an upgrade to that for $16.99?" When I asked them several times that with the upgrade my daily total rate would be $16.99 the black lady kept nodding and saying 'Yes'. On the contract I still see 'upgrade $16.99. Daily ' however when I returned the car at noon on Jan 30, 2016 they charged me that amount, plus they still charged me $14.14 daily for the reservation rate I booked, essentially the $16.99 was extra upgrade fee on top of $14.14. I considered this is a scam, fraud. They told me they would charge me $200 or $400 deposit on the next day which was Jan 19 2016 but they actually charged me $815.39 on the next day. On Jan 30 2016 when I returned the car I found myself in a dilemma so I tried to explain to the hispanic looking counter manager and I even called police to challenge Payless, I demanded them to replay the video they had for my conversation with the black sales lady but the manager simply refused, saying do whatever you I cannot help you.
I called USBank cardmember service their rep told me that Payless is wrong, they should simply give me a substitute rental car if they don't have one I booked. However after weeks of dispute USBank cardmember service failed to contact Payless to challenge their charge.

01/19/2016 01/18/2016 0816 Payless Seattle $815.30
Attached is (1) my original copy of the contract ( contract # RA.No. SEA-231217 ) I signed at 12:29pm on
Jan. 18 2016 when I took the Hyundai Elantra ( Plate 7FGD192 ) then returned on Jan 30 2016.
You can see that it list weekly rate at $84.85, so two weeks totals $169.70
However it put Upgrade at $16.99 which is flatly fraudulent practice because the black salewoman told
me several times my daily total would be $16.99 so upgrade part should be $16.99 - $14.14 = $2.85
instead of $16.99. We can demand replay of her conversation with me through their recorded video
surveillence. On Jan 30 2016 when I returned the car around noon then were only willing to issue me
$231.24 as shown by the receipt attached.
(2) my original car reservation rate at $14.14 daily rate for 12 days that I booked through Hotwire
itinerary #[protected] ( pickup Jan 18 2016 drop off Jan 30 )
The fraudulent tactic of Payless Rental car has several elements
0. They claimed they did not have the Kia Rio or similar car I reserved upon my arrival at noon.
1. It charged me $815.30 without my authorization on 01/19/2016. On Jan. 18 2016 when I took the car
the saleswoman indicated they probably will only put $200 or $400 hold on my credit card [censored]ding
deposit, but instead they charged me on 1/19/2019 immediately without my written consent. This is
abnormal practice. I should have been charged at end of first week for weekly rate.
2. They did not call me at end of first week to advise me for a checkup or renewal of my contract, to
clarify the charge scheme. This also induced me to keep the car without realizing that they will actually
charge me at $31.13 daily. I would have returned their car on the 2nd or 3rd day or at most end of first
week, had I known they would interpret 'upgrade' as extra $16.99 on top of the $14.14 daily rate I got
from Hotwire reservation.
3. They added $16.99 daily charge as upgrade increase instead of $2.85 on top of promised hotwire
reservation rate of $14.14, which is flattenedly scam as a similar car like Hyundai Elantra I took ( to what
I booked as Kia Rio ) should never have a daily rate of $31.13 ( $14.14+$16.99 ). I challenged Payless
rental counter manager on Jan 30 2016 and I called police also, demanding Payless to play the video
which has my conversation with the saleswoman when I signed my contract on Jan 18 2016, the
Hispanic manager refused, saying go away do whatever you will in front of police I called in.
4. It's apparent that they have engaged this aggressive fraud for a long time to harm innocent
customers. As a bank I request your kind review of their nasty practice to stop their fraud.
5. I spoke with several other customers who walked out of the rental car counters and they indicated
same bad experiences before. They said they had experiences several times upon arrival and they
always say they don't have the car they reserved but instead offered 'upgrade' at much higher rate.
6. So maximum fair rental rate they should charge me should be $14.14 my reservation rate as I got
from Hotwire, they should honor it.
Very truly yours