PayDay Motor Sales / Rip off

Bought a truck from Payday Motor Sales & they blew me off when they were supposed to complete work on the truck--doing the work is in writing & was a deal-breaker. They have successfully wasted about 5 hours of my time, not to mention gas money going back & forth to get work done. To date THEY HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE WORK.

They also jerked me around with my tag: 2 1/2 months after purchase, I FINALLY got my tag. I had to pick it up. They don't have time to call 'all' their customers--like they have a lot... they were supposed to have the tag sent to me to begin with! These people are shysters & incompetent, not to mention PETTY, in my opinion.

I called the tag agency to inquire about my tag, that's how I found out that it was (& had been) at Payday Motor Sales & I would have to get it from them. In my conversation with the person at the tag agency, we got around to WHO it was that was screwing me around, and when I mentioned Payday, I was told "Yeah, we get a LOT of complaints about them." I did get some info on a complaint form to fill out & send to Tallahassee. So guess what route I'm taking?

By the time I'm done with them, they'll have to go out of business! I've picketed (& will do so again), I've handed out fliers & I am also going the formal complaint route! My advice to anyone looking for a reliable used vehicle is DON'T GO TO PAYDAY MOTOR SALES!

They are located in Lakeland, Florida at the corner of Combee Rd & Hwy 92.

Va

Comments

• Mr
      18th of Nov, 2009

me and my fiance' agree with you due to the fact that we are having that problem now i wish we had known that before we go our truck.

• Mr
      18th of Nov, 2009

me and my fiancee' agree 100% due to the fact that we are having problems with them now we wish that we would have known that before we started buying our truck from them.

• Am
      10th of Mar, 2010

I am having the same problem THEY ARE RIPOFFS . do not go to them

• Ca
      12th of Mar, 2010

My son purchased a car from them and drove off the lot at about 5:30 thursday evening. The next day, at about 1:00pm the clutch went out on the car as my son was leaving work. Now he has given them all his money for the down payment and had to get full coverage on it and now he doesent have the money to get it fixed and they told him he could bring it next wednesday and they would have one of their mechanics to look at it. They told him a new clutch would be $374 from advance auto right beside the lot and when I checked the price myself, advance showed me it was only $274. We had also told them about the airconditioning fan not working but they didnt put that on the contract to fix so he will have to do that out of pocket to. Don't trust these people. They sell junk. A person should be able to drive an automobile at least a few months before things like this happen. Buyer, beware of these crooks.

6th of Jun, 2010

These People are CROOKS and should not even have a dealers license much less a car lot. The cars that are sold on this lot are LEMONS. I have bought other cars from other car lots, by far this is the most crooked, dishonest and incompetent people I have ever dealt with, You should be able to drive a car for more them a couple days before anything goes wrong, I bought a SUV and I drove it for 24 hours and the transmission overheated and then the motor starts making noises, I told them about the problem and they said bring it in and they would have THERE mechanic look at it, and he is about as bright as a burnt out light bulb. They told me it would cost alot of money we are talking, about 1/2 of what the truck is worth. and I told him I only had the truck 1 DAY and LARRY (Dumb SOB) said well you didnt get anything in writing after telling me that if anything should go wrong that they would help out, HE EVEN HAD A SMILE ON HIS FACE. They are bold face lier's and they will tell you anything to get you in a vehicle and them Piss all over you cause NO REFUNDS. Be Warned if you want to have a Very Expensive Yard Ornament this is the place to go cause thats about all your gonna get from these Pieces of [censor].

• Da
      27th of Jul, 2010

I just purchased a Cadillac from them due to the fact I am low income and needed a vehicle to get back and forth to work. I only had the car for a few days when I noticed it had no power and was running rough. They made me an appointment to have it checked out and told me they replaced the distributor cap and rotor but I needed to just get a tune up and it would be ok. I took it to a mechanic and they checked it out and stated I had a bad cylinder and they would have to tear it apart to fix it and it would be costly. When I relayed this to the dealer they said they would make a deal with me to get me into a bettter car. No money down or anything. I got there and they stated the only car I could get was a saturn that was so piled with trash you could not even test drive it. This car was worse than the junk they sold me the first time. What the heck, do they just get their cars from the junkyard and put them out for sell? Dont trust anything they say. I know that sometimes you just need a car bad like I did but you are better off going somewhere else. Now they got my money and my pride.

• Ge
      14th of Sep, 2010

I have a question for all you losers... Did you put 100.00-500.00 down? I mean come on people... You are trash and will never be nothing but trash...Why are you going to a Buy Here Pay Here lot in the first place?...Hmmm because your a LOSER and your trash and your credit sucks!!! How old was your truck buddy?I bet it was at least 18 years old... really? Come on...What do you expect? Get a life!!! Pickett all you want buddy but that will not change the fact that your a loser and always will be...get a real job and credit and maybe you can have something...If you paid your bills on time maybe you could go to a dealership and get a car that actually has a warranty...But you cant so I dont know why I am even wasting my breath...Go hit your meth pipe and go collect some more scrap metal... Oh yeah and your free check from the government that us taxpayers pay for... I have done business with payday before and I have never had any problems because I actually put more than 500.00 down on a 1990 vehicle...Go to any other Buy Here Pay Here Lot and see how far you get... Maybe you all should go back to school and get an education because you sign paper work at those kinds of places that says "As Is" Hmmmm I wonder what that could mean...Moral of the story... Get an education, read what you sign, and last but not least... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! You cant take back a used shelf you buy at a garage sale because its broken...SALES ARE FINAL DUMB [censor]!!!

• Co
      22nd of Sep, 2010

To GetRealpeople...you are really the only [censor]ing person defending Payday...i bet you actually work for them. You really need to shut the [censor] up, you sound like a crack head yourself. These people who buy cars from this place end up paying waaay more than that 500 down, they all probably end up paying around 4k and above for a vehicle that's not even worth 1000. These people lied constantly to me, to my face about multiple problems with the car. when i actually took the car to a REAL mechanic they said that the AC unit was rigged. I have heard nothing but bad complaints about this place, i wish i never did business with them but i actually needed a car to get to work when my old vehicle finally died. and unlike [censored] getreal...who in actuality is probably some mommas boy who lives off their parents hard earned cash...What else could produce a stupid [censor] cocky [censor]? anyways seriously if you have that much doe you wouldn't have to go to Payday yourself [censor]! lol

• Ms
      3rd of Dec, 2010
    PayDay Motor Sales - not complaint
    Payday Motor Sales

I got in an accident and totaled my car, I needed a car fast, my friend told me about Payday. I didn't have a whole lat of money so I was worried that I would be having to get something not so great, But they had some cars in my budget and I was able to put alittle down and make up some payments to get my downpayment to where I was able to get a really nice car, and make payments right there. My kids and I are so happy!!! I think Payday was the place to go.

• Ho
      3rd of Dec, 2010

This was obviously written by an employee of PayDay Motor Sales and should be diregarded as such.

• Us
      15th of Jan, 2011

Wow. I went to DMV today (two months after buying a car from them) to get a new sticker, turns out they havent completed the paperwork yet?! It was a shocker, the clerk said there is a guideline to switch the car in the buyers name within a month. Im getting scared now. Will call them tomorrow to find out whats going on. Wish I read reviews before I bought..

• Fu
      24th of Mar, 2011

@GetRealPeople: You're an idiot. Maybe you should check your own grammar before you go insulting other people. Just saying...

• Ne
      16th of Jun, 2011

We went to look at a vehicle I had seen earlier in the day. Ok it was 630 pm, but one guy said hello to us walked away and never came back. Then we were looking at the vehicle and still no one came out to say sorry we are busy someone will be with in you in a moment. Nope nothing. We had cash money were ready to buy today. You would think as bad as the economy is they would be all over customers when they get to the lot. We will not be going back. EVER!!!

• Bi
      21st of Aug, 2011

I am trying to find out if a guy named bobby brown worked at this carlot, because I need to know, I need everyone to come out and tell me, this is real important because payday is declining any refer to this guy, and I aint having any luck for what this guy did and payday wants to take no responsibility. email at mastertech@techie.com

25th of Mar, 2012

Me& my 2nd wife went there look for a good family vehicle& try get our credit up. After my 1st wife I was left with bad credit. Me& Jennifer been married one year I work make above average money Jennifer stays home take care of our 5kids . We don't have lot of money but we did come up with down payment of $1000 for a 98 Isuzu suv. We didn't even get a real tag on it before it blow up leaving me, my wife &3 of our kids in Detroit! I don't think i would buy anything for there . Think they just fix it enuff to find a sucker. Me & jennifer & our 5 kids was a real sucker for going there. ving

25th of Mar, 2012

Me& my wife of one year need a good vehicle for us& 4 kids. After my 1st wife did a number on me I was left with bad credit. I make OK money but Jen stays home caring for the kids. We needed a good vehicle for all us plus trying get our credit up.We come up with $1000 down. It didn't even last long enuff get real tag on it. It left me, wife& 3kids on side on Detroit's road. So we out $1000 down payment No vehicle& now worse credit then before. Thanks Payday I wouldn't let my dog in any of there vehicle. Don't go to payday

• As
      15th of Aug, 2012

I worked as a salesperson there briefly 5 years ago..plead with them to do better with getting better vehicles and or repairing them properly as I am an auto tech as well..I refused to do some of the things they asked salespeople to do and refused to work at a place that would do as they have done to you folks.. Well I would inform my customers as to what vehicles to stay away from they had too many unresolved problems..fortunately no customer that I sold a car to EVER brought their car back because of problems..but I could not in good conscience sell anyone a car that would leave them stuck..so I quit..I agree when u buy a car as is that is a risk you take..but the long run says if you sell a vehicle that in good faith as a dealer is road worthy you will earn other business..

• As
      15th of Aug, 2012

If you need good people and good place to deal with go to sunshine automart on Wabash..I have bought many cars from there..and they are far better to deal with..dorothy and Tammy are fantastic..little Larry probably the smiling twit at payday..owners son that doesn't known his ### from a hole in the ground and isn't to be trusted...he will screw you if he can..and there do called mechanic isn't very smart either..

• Gu
      17th of Jul, 2013

I really really needed a car due to mine breaking down. I was ignorant & I wish I could go back. I put down $2300 for a 02 van paying $300 a month bout $15, 000. STUPID STUPID LUCKILY it hasn't given me any trouble (knock on wood)
    Oh when I was leaving the lot, the salesman hit on me. Gave me his business card and said he normally doesn't do this. Totally sounded like a line. No i didn't call him. Later when I'm reviewing everything that's when all the numbers made sense. I could be making payments of that kind for a new automobile not a freaking used one. If he was gonna try & hit on me you'd think he'd give me some kind of deal.

• Bu
      4th of Dec, 2013

This company did everything they could to "help" me or so I thought. At the end of the day I'm stuck with an overpriced vehicle that's been having problems since day 1. On day 1 the a.c went out, day 2 I opened a compartment roaches went everywhere, I started hearing knocking which I thought was one of the seats loose which turned out to be bad struts, day 5 the alternator died, day 39 it ran hot and shut off and now will not crank. When I call about issues they take no responsibility telling me that the van went a 300+ point inspection and one time even told me to expect that out of used cars. They told me that this is why they give the warranty. Which I was told it came with a warranty but when it was time to sign paperwork there was a charge for the warranty. Everytime it breaks down I pay $100 deductible or if the repair is less than $100 I pay it. A warning to others especially females, do not go to car lots alone. Take a mechanic, because once you sign that contract it's yours. What makes it so bad is I told the dealer everything I was going through and that I couldn't take another hardship, but at the end of the day they don't care about your situation. They're just trying to make money. Also if you get that gut feeling that something's wrong it probably is. It doesn't matter what your financial situation is no one deserves to be taken advantage of. I was in desperate need, and as the old saying goes, "they saw me coming!" Don't let it happen to you.