Paws New Englandserious vetting issues

Paws, like most agencies, requires personal and veterinary references as well as a landlord reference. I provided all, with full confidence that I would get positive references. Long story short, things did not go well with the dog we adopted. He was advertised as house broken and leash trained. He was neither. That was fine, I fell in love with the dog and was happy to have him trained. But then things got really bad with him being aggressive towards children. I returned the dog because I had to. Paws was happy to take him back. Then when I asked for a refund, they stopped replying to me. Email after email was ignored.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Norwich, CT Then, instead of asking me for a police report to verify the incident in question, they took it upon themselves to contact the police. Only they called the wrong police department. Instead of asking me why this happened, they sent me an email at 11pm on a Saturday night accusing me of making the incident up! They didn't ask any questions, they didn't contact me. They went off on their own. They should have asked me. I have never been so insulted in my life. Why didn't they just call me? I can only assume since I was not properly vetted that the dog wasn't either. Now my kids are heartbroken and these people think I did that to my kids on purpose. BOO!

Sc