Pawnee Leasing Corporation / Fraud and cheating

1 700 Centre Ave.CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-864-4266

I purchased a microdermabrasion machine for $6, 000.00. I was never advised how much my specific interest rate was however, when I asked a paralegal friend of mine to review the contract she said that my payments for 60 months for $6K were almost as much as her $10K 60 month Kia contract and her interest rate was 17 percent due to her credit so she thought I must really be getting ripped off.

I did the math on $6K over 60 months for my payments of $250.00 AND THAT IS $15, 000.00. THAT IS OVER 50% INTEREST!!! AND MY CREDIT SCORE WAS BETWEEN 650 AND 700. WHAT A RIPOFF!! I FEEL SO STUPID!!!

Va

Comments

• Bs
      23rd of Jul, 2008

This lease company is highly unethical. They only accept contracts written by brokers - they don't write their own contracts. That always means more interest. I was in the same situation - high credit score and cash in the bank. They nailed me for a similar rate because I was a new business. Don't use these people. They won't work with you if you get in a cash crunch.

• Ci
      15th of Aug, 2008

I was also a client of Pawnee and experience problems. I always kept property insurance on the equipment purchased and provided proof to Pawnee Leasing. They sent me a letter advising I had to provide proof of insurance or they would force a charge. I provided proof again and they charged me for three months. Also they charge me for an attachment to the equipment I never received and I have called 6 times to get a refund and to date have not recevied one. When I call pawnee to find out why no refund they always say they have no notes. The president of the company is Gary Souveriew.

• Mi
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Please count me in too. I purchased construction equipments worth about little bit over nine thousand, but calculated out I ended up paying double the cost. The broker who works with them, they are all in this game together. They are all liars. They broker/loan guy, Jerry told me that I can off the lease early and don't have to pay the interest for the rest lease. A year after the lease, I asked them that I wanted to pay off the lease early; they told me that the amount still won't change, even if I wanted to off early or not. Can you believe that? Every loan like auto loan and mortgage or any loan, you only pay interest only to the time you pay off the debt. Because I needed equipment so bad to finish the job, so they take advantaged of me and have me signed all the paper works and over night to them. They just filled in what ever they wanted to and send it back to you as a final contract. B. Smith, you are right, this company is unethical. They say will work with you, but only money talk, only benefit them but you. If you didn't know anything about them before, but now do PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WORK WITH THEM or you will regret like all of us here.
    Question: Is anything else we can do broadcast this company to the whole world to know about them, so people out there don't get into this trap like us?
    Thank you to all of you to bring this up here.

• Ri
      11th of Oct, 2008

Amen, brothers and sisters. They seem to prey on small businesses such as mine (an analytical chemistry lab; there is not much you can do without equipment) with high need, and no choice but to accept their terms. My interest rate, once calculated out, was about 50% APR, a rate that would make olden day loan sharks envious. I really wish I did my homework and studied the company before I signed, but they also use high pressure tactics to force you to sign quickly. I really should have taken this as a warning. Now my company is out of business, but I still owe them for that agreement in full; they won't even renegotiate the terms.

Is it possible to put together some kind of class-action lawsuit, especially in view of the current economic crisis?

• Re
      9th of Feb, 2009

Read the terns of your lease. You are all fools. You are complaining about what they spelled out in black and white, and after the fact you have the nerve to yell FOUL...Cowboy up it is no ones fault but your own..BIG BABY's

• Wa
      6th of Jun, 2017

@repoman My advice to you is watch w g at you say repo man so you don't winde up on a dark road...be very careful and choose your words. These people aren't fools...they aren't use to con artist that's all

• Sc
      27th of Apr, 2009

First, I agree with all who have complaints about Pawnee Leasing Corporation. They are scam artists and the government is letting them prey upon Americans just like Madoff on WallStreet. Second, to the ones who tell us to read the contracts, our contract was with another company just like many others writing here, and they said they sold out to Pawnee. Well, the only paperwork we have from Pawnee is bills, bills, bills and still after a year we cannot get them to send us a correct statement. They are crooks and we recently learned are associated with Chase Bank according to one of the employees that keeps harrasing us. We have asked for payoff figures and recieved different amounts everytime we speak to them. I would hope with the letters we have been sending someone will investigate them soon. I just wonder with this economy how long they may actually last?

29th of Apr, 2009

Let's see here - everyone that complained rates here:

A) Knew their Monthly Payment Before Signing
    B) Knew their lease terms if they actually read the contract
    C) Have no idea what the difference is between a lease and a loan.

If you are complaining about the rate, go ahead and try to get a low APR loan from your local bank for the same equipment that Pawnee or any other leasing company is willing to lend against. I'm sure those banks are chomping at the bit for your business, especially with your 650 credit score.

Quit complaining and pay your bills.

• Wi
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I am with all of you who have complaints about Pawnee leasing. I got scammed too. For those of you who are telling us to quit complaining and just pay our bills, YOU people must work for Pawnee. I read the fine print of my contract and no where in there did it say that you could not pay it off early without having to pay double what you leased. Granted I was a fool to sign it, but like many others, equipment was needed. I used to work for a bank and I know for a fact they never charge 50% interest on loans.

So for those of you telling us to quit complaining and stop being babies, go back to your bosses at Pawnee and tell them that their company and work ethics suck. Madoff got caught, so hopefully they will too.

• Le
      21st of Jul, 2009

It seems all the complainers do not understand what a lease is and forget the benefit they received by getting to finance equipment when NO ONE ELSE WOULD. The reason banks and other leasing companies do not finance start-ups is bacause they fail most of the time. The only way to make this business work is to have tough and rigid collection policies. No one is entitled to money. Financing for a startup is in essence renting equity so don't be supprised to pay equity rates. If a startup cannot afford to pay off the equipment in 24 or 36 months, don't buy it! Once a business is over 2 years old, more options become available. The complainers do have a legimitate beef in that they were not advised on what they were getting into. That is the unfortunate problem with a lot of leasing brokers that chase the quick buck.

• Jw
      28th of Sep, 2009

The Pawnee, we a bunch of mean ### indians. The lease company intends to scalp us all too!

• T3
      14th of Oct, 2009

We agree!!
    We bought $4, 236 worth of equipment for our warehouse.
    After 33 payments we paid back $7, 720 and are now offered to still have to buy the equipment at the end for another $3, 000!!!
    So we will have paid $10, 720 for $4, 236 in material. 60%!!! Interest with a 750 beacon score!!!
    Thanks Pawnee and the mean legal assistant they have there Sandi Carr
    Be careful with this company... and with Leasing euipment to own.

• Ro
      25th of Oct, 2009

This company is defintely a scam and a bunch of liars. I knew my business was failing and asked them to take the equipment back, , , they would not. told me to sell on craig's list and now they deny telling me to do that because they did not approve each sale of the items. The broker at the beginning of the contract told me that I was leasing the equipment so I could give it back anytime, that is why I had to pay a $1200 deposit upfront.
    Now after most of the equipment has been sold and they took the money, Sandi Carr is telling me that I committed a punishable crime because I don't have anything in writing from them telling me to sell the equipment.

What a scam this company is and the government is taking our tax money and bailing companies like these out.

16th of Nov, 2009

I closed my business 2 years ago and have been making my payments faithfully and timely even though it was closed. I had told Pawnee 2 years ago I was closing. They just asked where the equipment was and were happy with the answer. Today I called and spoke to Sandy and she says "Oh, if you close your business, your contract says the payment is due in full within 15 days." Funny, they have known it was closed for more than 2 years and no one said a thing.

I never signed a contract with this company. I signed with another who promised I could pay it off early with no penalty as well. But guess what? When they brokered it to these loan sharks, my $22, 000 has cost me $40, 000+ because they would not let me pay it off early. Well, I'm sure they would gladly take their $40, 000 early, but I still have to pay all the interest, etc. Attn: Small business owners - avoid this company at all costs! They make up the rules as they go along.

• Go
      11th of Mar, 2010

Unbelievable, everyone is complaining about a lease. Let me guess, most of the upset clients here lease cars as well. So you drive a car for 3 years at a set payment and then turn it in with nothing to show for it, lets say 400x36=14400+2000 sign up=16400. So then what do you do lease another car or take a taxi home. DONT BE MAD AT THE PLAYERS OF THE GAME--JUST QUIT THE GAME ...IF YOUR NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT GOOD BUSINESS DECISIONS..STICK TO BEING AN EMPLOYEE NOT AN EMPLOYER.

• Sp
      1st of Apr, 2010

We just signed a lease with Pawnee Leasing company (sold to us through a broker). They never went over the lease and once it was signed all of a sudden called and said we had to make a "rent" payment that was equal to 1 months lease payment. This was not a lease payment but an extra payment and it was never disclosed to us. The woman explained that we should have read the lease, which we did, but did not understand that this was an additional payment. It seems very deceptive to me that they do not explain this. In any other type of contract, someone goes over the terms and payments with you. When I asked the woman what this payment was for, she again stated it was "rent". Funny that we are not renting anything, yet they want me to pay them $500 in "rent". This sounds like a BS way of saying admin fee or some other made up charge. I hope I do not have 3 years of hell with this company like the rest of you.

14th of Jun, 2010

I just signed a lease with benchmark finical and i was told that i could pay off my loan early with pawnee!!! Now today I find out that I can not pay it off, and pawnee called me today with a rent payment that is due? I made my first andf last payment with benchmark!! I totalled got scammed!! What is the world coming to?? How can peoples sleep at night, now i have 5 years of hell to deal with this company, have a great credit score, should have went thru a bank!! I hope someone starts a class action law suit against benchmark and pawnee lease co!!

• Wa
      6th of Jun, 2017

@love 95 You are fortunate you are done with this company. I just got started...what liars they are...I have learned a bow lesson

24th of Jun, 2010

"good business" - You must work for Pawnee I think. Our complaints are all similar. We signed a contract with another company (not Pawnee) who then sells your contact to someone else and somewhere in there the terms and conditions change. Until this has happened to you, you don't understand that this can happen (nor should it, but it is even more expensive and time consuming to try to fight it). Because someone got suckered into this scam (myself included) doesn't mean the person is not a good employer or a person with good business sense. It means that we are hard-working, trusting, honest individuals who assume that others we are doing business with have the same ethics as we do. And, unfortunately, we all learned that there are companies out there such as Pawnee Leasing who are making a mint defrauding those of us who are honest and trying to make a honest living.

No, I never leased a car and have no intentions of doing so now that I realize from your post that those people may be just as unethical as Pawnee Leasing.

• St
      29th of Jun, 2010

Theres a reason you complainers on here had to go with Pawnee in the first place: you have bad credit. Or no credit. Or you are a start-up and are high risk. You may not think you're high risk, your ego is too big for that...but lets face it, you are. High risk = high rate. You would go with your local bank, but they declined. The broker that took you to pawnee has other lenders in addition to Pawnee, but those other lenders declined.

I think instead of complaining, you should thank Pawnee for giving you an opportunity. An opportunity to build credit, to get a tax write off, to put the equipment (which you need) in use to start making money. And guess what? You do that, and next time around you can go to a better bank than Pawnee w/ better rates .

You gotta start somewhere my friends. Why don't you get off your high horse and start working and stop complaining about how the whole world is against you...blah blah blah. Blame the economy. Blame the gas prices. Blame the hurricanes. Blame Obama. Its all a cop-out...The only ones you should be blaming is yourself.

• Vi
      4th of Aug, 2010

I just signed a lease with Pawnee and I having a little trouble with them too. But I'm in it now. The thing to do is to make it work for you, not work for it. Use the equipment up, make your money, build that credit and than tell Pawnee [censor] you. Pawnee is just a tool. Like one said on here I'm just glad they took me on. If I can't make the payments I should not have gotten in to the business I did. That"s just me opinion.

• Le
      13th of Sep, 2010

Important: regardless of who the company was listed as Lessor on your documents - the terms NEVER change when Pawnee "bought" the lease. So don't complain about changing terms, because that would be illegal.

And don't complain about a deceiptful sales rep or broker - because you did know the terms before you signed the documents.

Ever consider that maybe your chosen vendor may have sold you on a payment only to make more for his equipment since you were leasing? Your friend the vendor is always trying to squeeze the little lease broker...

It's all just numbers - so they can be put together many ways so that people can make money. But if the cash flow did not make sense to you to begin with, you could have simply walked away from the table or wrote a check.