PawLaw Doggie Daycare / Negligence

1 25W775 Lake StreetRoselle, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-888-4725

We brought our bea-bull (part beagle, part bull dog - a medium size dog), Otis, into daycare because we don't like leaving him alone all day while we are at work. Things were fine for a number of visits but one day when we picked Otis up he had a very obvious, but not serious, bite wound on his head and by his mouth. Understanding that sometimes dogs can "play rough" we left after chewing them out for not watching the dogs as they played - if they had, they would have seen his would and would have told us about it rather than just giving him back.

About a month or two later we dropped him off and when he was picked up he was bleeding again - this time, however, the wound was far more serious. He had numerous scratches and pucture wounds in addition to general swelling in a numer of areas on his belly. We took him to the vet and he required surgery and stitches - the wound was centimeters away from puncturing his lung! And the employees and owner of PawLaw swear they saw nothing (which only proves they do not actually watch the dogs entrusted to them). Otis required 3 surgeries! and the stitches had to be replaced with staples because the tissue around the wound was "no good." He is still healing.

No dog deserves this - DO NOT take your dog to this place EVER!

Comments

7th of Jun, 2008

Dogs are dogs you ###. That is the risk you take when putting them all together in a giant group. I take my dog to daycare, and guess what... sometimes they fight. They are DOGS. They play fight non stop. It's unfortunate that yours got hurt. When kids play on a playground at school and a kid gets hurt do you bad mouth the school and it's staff? Kids do stupid stuff sometimes. So do dogs.

• Ro
      13th of Aug, 2008

We have been using Paw Law for day care and training for about a year. We have been very satisfied with the care given. We can always ask for feedback on our dog's behavior throughout the day and they are able to tell us at any time, whether it is the morning or afternoon crew. They know her by name and know who her owners are.

• Va
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I take my baby girl to PawLaw almost every day and have had no issues.
    They are wonderful and very helpful. I also took her to the obedience class they offer and was quite pleased with the outcome.

• Am
      24th of Oct, 2008

Paw Law is by far the best daycare and training facility I have ever delt with. The dogs are treated better than children and the training program is all rewarding and no abuse. That incident must have been innocent mistake. I have been to other daycares and seen behind closed doors what terrible things happen but at at Paw Law everthing is visable to the customers. At Paw Law they really do love the dogs.

• Do
      28th of Mar, 2011
    DOGGIE DAY CARE - DIRTY
    DOGGIE SPA
    Wilmington
    North Carolina
    Phone: 910-262-1437

Dirty day care did not take care of fred my doggie