PATRICIA'S HAIR SALON HAIR EXTENSIONS / RIPPED OFF BY PATRICIA'S HAIR SALON IN ASTORIA QUEENS : STOLE $3000 FROM ME

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Patricia's website advertised hair on hair extensions. I called and she said to come in for a consultation, saying that her salon was closed that day and that i should go to her house. I got to her house in Astoria Queens (NY), was waked in by a housekeeper into a small basement with 1 shampoo chair, and another chair where a client was sitting. She said she couldnt do the hair on hair and tried to sell me some other system. I asked for something almost invisible ... she said she could order extensions for me for the next day, which would cost me around $600 . she requested a $280 deposit. I gave her my card, which she went to process in another room and came back with a folder full of brochures saying my receipts were in there. she had me sign a policy agreement stating cancellation within 24 hours or a cancellation fee of 10% the amount would be charged.
I left a little uneasy about the place not being a physical hair salon. My appt was for the next day, strangely again at the same location (I still wonder if she does have a real hair salon at the other location), I got home and checked my account online to find that THE THIEF charged my card 2, 800.00 instead of $280. I called her yelling and told her to refund me and that I wouldnt be coming the next day. she refused to refund me and said it was too late to cancel.

I called Visa and disputed the charge, they gave me a temporary credit but 30 days later I found out she submitted to them a signed slip and receipt supposedly signed by me.

I actually never got my receipts in the folder she gave me ( all it had was brochures). I disputed her contentions and visa re-investigated. I filed a police report for fraud, contacted the NY Attorney General's office, as well as consumer affairs.

The bank got back to me 90 days later saying they couldnt do anything as she refused to give the money back and provided documents. they have since taken the money out of my account and the THIEF got away witn $2800 of my money, although I have never received a SERVICE or HAIR EXTENSIONS from her.

I will be taking her to court but wanted to make sure that everyone out there is AWARE. PATRICIA's Hair Salon from ASTORIA QUEENS NY is a SCAMMER and will ripp you off. BEWARE !!!

Ja

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Jun, 2008

Hello,

The above story is a complete lie. I do not know this women. this story is a complete lie. I am exploring my legal options about this person, if I can figure out her identity. In process of using law firm to figure out who this person is and sue for slander.

Patricia's Salon.

18th of Sep, 2008

patricia is one of the best hair extention she did my hair in queen and I love her work is the best . i live in Naples Fl now you can e-mail me

• Za
      14th of Nov, 2008

Hi I have been doing my hair in patricia's salon (extention) for over a year i have been always treated with respect, and she always gave me so many options about quality and the price of the hair, what you have said i thin is a complete lie i know those people i 'm their clients, their place is always busy and people always come back .It is very bad to write bad reviews about people that are very honest .

• Vi
      25th of Nov, 2008

Patricia is one of the best hair extension artists in the world. I know the story is a complete lie, made up by a competitor or someone very crazy. It is a shame that people can posts such lies in this world, hope Patricia puts her in jail for slander.

• To
      28th of Nov, 2008

i have been going to Patricia for almost a year. She has treated me with the utmost respect and has even accommodated me last minute when she is booked. i HIGHLY doubt the above statement is true. Patricia is a professional, but most importantly, a nice person.

• Ni
      7th of Feb, 2009

This is a completely slanderous statement. I just got my hair extension done by Patricia and was extremely satisfied with the results. Her salon is in a commercial area in Astoria and her staff is very friendly and professional. The above story is completely bogus and probably fabricated by one of her competitors.

• Me
      15th of Feb, 2009

Patricia's salon (the namesake herself) ripped me off as well. I feel most of the 'positive' comments are written by her and/or management of the salon. She is very money hungry and this is VERY obvious in the so-called consultation you have with her. She will do everything in her power to rip you off, with no remorse. She is very sneaky and I hope other people who feel this way will come out and express how they feel. All I know is that I will never return to this salon and I"ve forewarned many many friends who considered going over there (who also warned other friends) not to set foot into that snake pit.

• Me
      15th of Feb, 2009

Furthermore I'd like to add, I've had extensions before and am very aware of how to care for them. The extensions I received after being butchered in price, started falling out 3 WEEKS later. This has NEVER happened to me before. Also--the extensions were full of split ends and were damaged looking. I've never been so furious before in my life. Thanks for ruining my hair!

18th of Feb, 2009
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

It is amazing how a cowards makes accusations without leaving their real names and contact info. The two cowards on this board making up lies are either jealous competitors, or are the same person, or people who are thieves of their own. People don't leave their real names and info's, just post non sense and lies. It is a shame that a place like this exists, that allow these types of lies to occur. The salon has over 10, 000 Satisfied Customers. That is why she does 150 extensions a month. And if you look at her photo galleries, you see multiple people who come back time after time, and people who visit the salon weekly. They wouldn't do that if the salon was bad. She also has dozens of great reviews.
    Too bad their are so many jerk offs and ###s out their, that have nothing better to do than posted this ###. People should get a life.

Post your real names and contact info, so the salon can sue the ### out of you, instead of coming out with nonsense.

• Em
      5th of May, 2009

They might be great at extensions, but I went in for a color, wash and set and the lady they had there told me about the million jobs she had worked at... she was a colorist... she has short redish hair... horrible job ridiculous price... make sure you go to owner or daughter... they hire cheap unexperienced people to work there so they can keep most of the money.

• De
      11th of May, 2009

I had a horrible experience here yes patricia is nice to you because she is robbing you blind hair extensions with tape on feature cost half a head a little over 1000.00 complete rip off and lasted 1-2 weeks at best started coming off whil;e I was at a special event COMPLETE EMBARASSMENT...need I say more????? Told me i could shower and do everything natural and it would last at least a month LIE LIE totally upset would never get robbed like that again just to look beautiful for a week?????Get the freak out of here, you can keep your hair systems, there are better places!!! If your into wating your money you can go here. When I went back for her to remove the glue, she tried to get me to purchase a more expensive system, but the money I wasted on that system was enough, and I was so pissed I could have put my money into something more worthwhile then that GARBAGE!!!

20th of Jul, 2009

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST. JULIA SUCKS AND IS PSYCHO AND THE MANAGERS ARE RUDE AND HAVE NO CLUE.

21st of Mar, 2010

I COMPLETELY AGREE! I went in looking to really take care of my hair and give the salon a lot of business... I wanted to get my hair colored, a strengthening treatment, and to have a consultation for long hair extensions. When Patricia met me, she saw my hair and acted very kind and as though she knew what she was doing. When I spoke with her about a hair treatment to help mend the damage done, she insisted I do a $110 treatment to which I was somewhat uncomfortable with as she told me that there was also a $70 or a $90 treatment which I would have preferred. She insisted I do the most expensive one, so I agreed granted that she is the owner of a rather well-known (not sure why) salon. She told me it would need to sit in my hair for about 25-30 minutes. I sat in the chair and she personally applied a small amount of god knows what, probably conditioner of some sort, and literally left it in for maybe 4 minutes. I knew at that moment that I was being ripped off. Clearly she was rushing my hair, and charging me $110 for 4 minutes of nothing. She was speaking to me as though i knew nothing, assuring me that this product will work very quickly and it didn't matter that it was only in my hair for such a short time. It was almost hilarious. So I was obviously upset, and instead of making her customer happy, she got an attitude and rushed around talking ### to her other girlfriends in the salon. It was absurd. I've never felt so mistreated and screwed out of money in my life. The haircut she gave me was quick, and she uses this technique where she slides the scissor across your hair so it's literally pulling out and ripping at your hair. I've never experienced anything like it. Its as though she thinks she can charge what they do in Manhattan for an actual professional. Maybe it was because I am white and she thought I was stupid and looking to throw money around. Its sad because I had been saving up for a long time to take care of my hair and it meant something to me and she totally jerked me. My hair looked alright after she blew it out, but it was actually sort of painful and extremely rushed. She then had the audacity to go so hard to basically coax me to into buying extensive amounts of her stupid products, to help keep the $110 treatment I paid for in my hair. HAHAH as though it ever was in the first place. I think I actually said, "Youre kidding right?" I asked which product would be best for me to use everyday to strengthen my hair and she picked up like $200 of merchandise and was essentially telling me that I cant just buy one I need it all. The best part of my experience was the very sweet receptionist man, who also was poorly trained and knew nothing about the products that I was actually interested in buying, but quite kind. She was nasty, clueless, and didn't even consult with me about extensions, even though at that point business with that salon was not even an option. I just wanted to leave and cry. It was 100% terrible. I mean maybe you can expect that from a random employee, but Patricia herself...Total ###. I regret ever spending a ###ing cent in there. Honestly, she has no business/inter-personal skills. She's like a ### sorority teenager running a salon that should not get the credit that it does. Its just so hard to find places that do extensions and specialize in it. That's why she does so well. But if you have to go in there, I recommend staying AWAY from the owner. ###ing Horrific. You'll regret it trust me.

21st of Mar, 2010

They really are so ###ing rude...

21st of Mar, 2010

See how the Patricia and the salon writes these ###ed up comments back to people instead of NOT doing the nasty ### people are complaining about anymore...Its hilarious. Get the picture listen to your customers! This is thousands of dollars that was donated to you by people that will never step foot in there again...And ill be sure to let everyone I know in Queens that you guys suck just cuz of how you handle it

21st of Mar, 2010

Melissa Sanchez I totally agree with you She DEFINITELY writes her own 'positive' comments praising herself because no one leaves happy.

21st of Mar, 2010

She uses the word slander in every comment

• Sw
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I recently moved so i went online looking for a place were i can get my brailian wax done that would be closer to me instead of me going to my old place that is 30 minutes away. Well i found Patricia's salon.
    Their website says that their place offers the best products, that they numb the area so it's painless, and that it's all done by Brazilian woman. When i read all that i was sold and made an apointment and went.
    I can't stress enough, how dirty, rude and unproffecional these people were. I would NOT recomend this place to my worse anemy. The lady that did my wax was not only rude but she was also NOT Brazilian.
    She sprayed something that she claimed would numb the area, she was very rough and hurt me like crazy. I had to remind her what a brazilian wax was because she had left patches of hair all over. I did not leave
    that table till i made sure that she had taken off all the hair. On top of that she put a lotion on me after claiming that it will prevent bumps and ingrown hairs. What that lotion did was burn me and i had patches
    of burned areas that hurt. Please DO NOT go to this place to get your wax done. I feel so stupid for going there and falling for their false adventisement. I even walked out of there so upset i didn't give her a tip
    because she was not worth it.

28th of Feb, 2011

What an over rated place!
    They will keep you waiting for hours with or without an appointment, which might be ok if the service was good...but they ruined my hair! Very bad staff (rude and obnoxious) and very poor quality of service, They did not match my hair properly so I wasted my time and my money! I have to find somewhere who can fix this mess now!
    Thanks for nothing

• Fr
      15th of Oct, 2011

Every time she gets a bad online review, she claims it's "slander". WAKE UP LADY.
    If you're rude to people, they're gonna give you bad online reviews. And unfortunately for you, IT'S TOTALLY LEGAL. This place screwed me over too and didn't properly wash out
    a chemical relaxer from my hair. I'll probably be losing hair in a few weeks thanks to these ###s. DO NOT waste your money!!!