Patchington / No cust. service

1 United States

Upon entering Patchington's Winter Park Florida store today while shopping on Park Avenue, my wife and I were told that there was a sale, and we began looking at merchandise. We decided to purchase a purse, and began looking at different items. My wife was about to pick up a purse from a window display and the sales clerk said that all the window items were "alarmed" and she would turn off the alarm. When my wife and I picked up two other purses from displays near the window the same clerk pointed to the store's front window, and then became very rude and abusive and stated in a loud, condescending, and abusive tone in the presence of other customers "See, this is a window, I told you all those items are alarmed due to SHOPLIFTERS!" My wife and I were nicely groomed, in a good mood from having had lunch, and did nothing to deserve this abuse and embarrassment. I put the purse down which I was going to buy my wife, and left the store saying "Goodbye and Good Luck." No one should be subjected to this kind of rudeness and abuse. That sales clerk should not be allowed to associate with the public, and should be disciplined and counseled on her conduct. Other potential customers should beware this store's condescending and abusive attitude and conduct.

Sa