Passport Office - Delhi / Delay in getting passport

1 India Review updated:

Hi, When I had submitted my Passport renewal application (H004118) at Delhi office on 12th Mar 2007, I was told that I would get my passport in first week of June, subject to documents in order and clear police verification. Documents were in order and police verification was done in second week of Apr. I have been checking the status online since June 5th. The status just says that it will be dispatched in a week's time. It is almost end of the month and I am still waiting for my passport. My travel has already got delayed due to this. Very poor service!

Kr

Comments

• Mu
      10th of Jul, 2007

My name is mukesh kumar r/o m s extn -17 mohan garden new delhi. I apply a passport r k puram new delhi. Application form no is A-003115 DT 26.01.2007. I haven't received the passport from till date. I am coming three times meet to pro. I am two times wrote letter to pro. I am not apply passport.

Thanks

• Dh
      17th of Jul, 2007

Hi,

I am Dheeraj Kumar. I had applied for the passport in the month of april and I am constantly checking the status online. Earlier it was showing me that passport will be delivered on 30 th June 2007. Now it's showing it will be delivered in a week's time. Now this message has been coming from last two weeks.

• Ku
      18th of Jul, 2007

Hi,

I am Kusum Lata Rawat. I had applied for the passport in the month of April and I am constantly checking the status online. Earlier it was showing me that passport will be delivered on 30 th June 2007. Now it's showing it will be dispatched in a week's time. Now this message has been coming from last one months.

19th of Jul, 2007

In the instruction booklet there is no mention for bringing the original certificates / documents for submitting the application for getting new passport. All it mentions is the notary / executive magistrate attested two copies of required documents with the application. But actually they refuse to accept the file without original documents.

My point is - If this is the real requirement, why it is not mentioned in the instruction booklet? Imagine the harassment to a person moving from Amritsar to Chandigarh to submit his application for passport, standing a in long queue for two hours and then sent back rejecting his file since he has not come with originals.

• De
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know about passport re verification. My details were verified by the police yet I received a call stating that re verification is needed. Is this the usual method of verification?

Kindly help smb!

Thanks.
    Deepa

• Lo
      26th of Aug, 2007

Passports for my two minors sons.

Submitted three applications one for my wife and two for my sons during July 19, 2007. Received my wife's passport but so far
    not received my two minor sons passport. The key for the two
    are as given below :

014574 & 014575

Please tell the status

• Sh
      29th of Aug, 2007
    Passport Office - Delhi - Passport delivery problem
    India

Hi,

I am Shreyash Mehrotra. I had applied for the passport for wife and son in the month of May, police verification was conducted in June and I am constantly checking the status on line. For my wife's passport, earlier it was showing me that passport will be delivered on 15 th July 2007. Now it's showing it will be delivered in a week's time. Now this message has been coming from last one month. My passport needs inclusion of spouse's name, which is showing, police verification report not submitted. My Son's passport got delivered in July itself.

18th of Jan, 2008

I MAHENDER KUMAR NARWAT S/O SH. CHANDER SINGH NARWAT R/O V.P.O. KHERI KALAN,FARIDABAD MY SUBMITTED FILE NO.Z-320482 FROM FARIDABAD.AS PER YOUR STATEMENT, POLICE REPORT HAS NOT RECEVED TILL NOW. BUT THE POLICE REPORT HAS DONE & WE HAVE POLICE REPORT REFERENCE NO.54/PLA DATED 06-02-2007. I HAD MET TO YOUR BHIKAJI CAMA PALACE OFFICE IN JUNE 2007. THEY COMMITED TO DELIVERED THE PASSPORT TILL 09 JULY,2007. BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE TILL NOW.I SUFFER I LOT DUE TO THE DELAY OF PASSPORT. YOU ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO DO THE NEEDFULL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I SHAL BE TH ANKFUL TO YOU. THANK YOU MAHENDER KUMAR NARWAT

• Mo
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Dear Sir/Madame

Hi, I am Mohammed Meraj R/O A-49 N.F. Colony. When I had submitted my new Passport application (A039587-07) at Delhi office on 12th Nov. 2007, subject to documents in order and clear police verification. Documents were in order and police verification was done in second week of Dec. I have been checking the status online since 22nd Jan. The status just says that it will be dispatched in a week's time. It is almost end of the month and I am still waiting for my passport. It’s Very poor service!

25th of Jan, 2008

ONLINE STATUS :-
    Station DELHI last updated on 23-01-2008
    File Reference Number : Z021993-07
    Application Date : 30-10-2007
    Applicant's Name : MANAV SYAL
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 06-10-1976

" It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time".

25th of Jan, 2008

Hi,
    I am Manav Syal. I had applied for my passport in the month of Oct’ 2007, police verification was conducted in Oct’ 2007 and I am constantly checking the status on line for my passport, earlier it was showing me that passport will be delivered by 09 th Jan’ 2008. Now it's showing it is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time. Now this message has been coming from last two weeks. Pls. do needful..

ONLINE STATUS :-
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 06-10-1976

• Sk
      29th of Feb, 2008

Hi
    I am not complaining. I have to seek some clarification.I got my son's passport with ECR (my own and my wife's passport are stamped ECNR) THE COPIES WERE GIVEN ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FOR MY SON'S PASSPORT., he was appx 12 yrs then, now is 14 yrs.

The agent told me that I have to go there with my son to get this mistake corrected.

What is the procedure n who's at fault.Why shd I got all the way when we applied correctly.

Pls help.

7th of Mar, 2008

Hello sir,

My file id is DLHZ64016207

nOW I CHECKED MY STATUS ON INTERNET. IT IS SHOWING THE FOLLWING MESSAGE

Short stay(less than one year) at the given address. Plz send 3 personal particular forms each for verification for each other address during last one year and pay applicable penalty to RPO.

But i m living here form last one year which address i have given u
    Plz tell me with which form i have to come. How much penalty i have to pay for RPO.

7th of Mar, 2008

Hello sir,
    I m joni birla and I have submitted my form for passport on july.Till now i didnot get the passport.
    My file id is DLHZ64016207

nOW I CHECKED MY STATUS ON INTERNET. IT IS SHOWING THE FOLLWING MESSAGE

But i m living here form last one year which address i have given u

• Mo
      11th of Mar, 2008

Complaints on "Passport Office - Delhi"

Passport delivery problem.

Complaint Rating:

Hi,

I MOHAMMAD SADAT ALI S/O SH.MOHAMMAD ANSAR ALI R/O A-14, NEHRU VIHAR, DELHI. MY SUBMITTED FILE NO.Z-103006 FROM DELHI. MY POLICE REPORT IS OK. I AM CHECK THE STATUS IN A MAIL FIRST OF ALL THEY SHOW ME A PASSPORT WAS DESPATCH IN 04.02.08 AND THEN THEY SHOW ME A PASSPORT IS DESPATCH IN A WEEK TIME. NOW THERE IS A LOTS OF WEEK WAS GOING BUT MY PASSPORT IS NOT DESPATCH. I SUFFER A LOT DUE TO THE DELAY OF PASSPORT.

I KINDLY REQUESTED TO YOU PLEASE DESPATCH MY PASSPORT QUICKLY. I SUBMIT MY PASSPORT FORM IN NEHRU PLACE BRANCH.

• Dr
      19th of Mar, 2008

As many complaints, I am seeing here, Agree with it. Govt should try to improve this. If you made a rule then why pAssport offices following the Rule. It is my request to the Minister of ExternalAffairs of India that He strictly impliment of rule of Law.

25th of Mar, 2008

dear sir, i had applied for the passport in the month of navember2007. and the dispatch date is 11/01/2008, but till now i did't get my passport. every time when i am checking my passport status since last three month, the status alwase says that the" due to some unaviodable circumstances, the delievery is delayed and within a week we will dispatch" So i don't know why it;s happened . please help me.

• Ka
      10th of Apr, 2008

passport verification at my college is completed till now i have not recieved my passport

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2008

Did not receive passport.

Hi,

When, I submitted my passport application form at Delhi passport office on 21st Jan 2008, I was told that I would get my passport in third week of Apr 2008, subject to documents in order and clear police varification. The File Ref No. is H001155. The present status is :- "Application is pending for want of police report". Where as, police varification was done on 17th Mar 2008. Now I am not getting my passport what to do ?????

Please help...
    Contact No : 01274-247900, 09466084264
    Address : Vill: Gangaicha Ahir, P.O: Bikaner, Distt: Rewari
    Haryana - 123401

26th of Apr, 2008

Hi, When I had submitted my Passport renewal application (H021990) at Delhi office on 19th dec. 2007, and police verification was done in second week 12=2=2008.
    I have been checking the status online . The status just says that =Short stay (less than one year) at the given address; please send 3 personal particular forms each for verification for each other address(es) during last one year and pay applicable penalty at RPO

After the police verification also my passport was not renewed till the date Sir, I amasking, why it is not getting renewed, because, I was abroad before jan 2007, & my old passport was expire 31-12-2007. and I had also my valid visa till this year everything mention inside the passport
    Sir, Now I am requesting to please, give my passport renewed as soon possible.