Party City

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 by

debit refund not received.

Bristol, Tennessee
On November 7 I returned $52.48 worth of unused and unopened items to the Bristol, TN store #902. I am yet to receive my refund to my debit card. I called the store and they said once they complete the transaction it's out of their hands. My bank said they have no sign of i5 and I even got a print out of my account. Nope, it's not in there. On November 14 I called home office to file a complaint and I am yet to hear anything. No one has called me. I'm giving them till November 21 and if they havent given me my refund or contactes me to get this fixed I'm going to be so furious. Tell me why you can immediately take it out of my checking account but you can't immediately put it back. I shop at Party City a lot for our school and our church but I'm not anymore. Especially not until I'm refunded my money.
Updated by Joshlyn1984, Dec 04, 2017
Finally I got a call from the store manager, after calling the complaint department twice. The store manager said to just come to the store and he would give me cash back. When I went to get the money he was so apologetic and very nice about it.
Complaint comments Comments (6)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Department Stores

Comments

Hi Joshlyn.

Do you have a receipt to show the refund?
@Shaun R. Yes I absolutely do
@Joshlyn1984 Good.

When was the actual purchase made?
@Shaun R. Not even a week before I returned them
N  19th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Joshlyn1984 Also good. Contact the issuing bank of the debit card and file a dispute on the original transaction. Explain the refund that was suppose to be issued and include a copy of the credit receipt. The bank should handle the rest.

Drop a note and let us know how it turns out.
N  19th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Shaun R. Ok, thanks for the great advice! Definitely will let you know when I get it settled.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree