PartsPC.com / Dishonest business practicec

I ordered 1GB of DDR 3200 memory from Partspc.com. A few days later the RAM arrived but when it was installed in my machine it registered as 512MB. At first I thought it might be an issue with my machine so I tried the RAM on another laptop that was a different make and model and it also registered as 512MB. Next, I took the RAM up to the local computer store and they checked it out and told me I got scammed.

I called PartsPC and after several tries I was able to get someone on the phone. The helpdesk person there insisted that is was something wrong on my end and he refused to listen to what I was telling him. The next day, PartsPC sent me an email stating that my machine was not compatible with the RAM that I purchased. However they have the correct RAM for an additional $30 or I could get a refund of 43.75 for the RAM that I purchased from them for 51.99.

Va

Comments

• Ph
      17th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a socket 939 Foxconn board from them, what I got was a socket 939 WINFAST board instead, and, my credit card was charged twice.

12th of Dec, 2008

A similiar situtation here:

Got non-working item. Tried it in several different machines, nothing worked. They blamed it on capability. Being a Computer Engineer, this is a total falancy, especially when the item is a name brand and the motherboards are usually tolerant of even the cheapest components.

They then tried to charge me a $35 restocking fee.