parts / return parts

United States, Mississippi Review updated:
oreilly auto
I came into the store with part i picked up for other stores
to return the man told me i had to have a receipt for my thing
the part i have i did not know if i got them there or autozone but wanted my money back he did not give me my money i need to have a receipt i was mad at him told him to kiss my ### ill go to autozone for good thay gave me money for one thing on a gift card so if oreilly sells
things that look like other thing other stores sell whats the big deal
why not give money back its all the same napa autozone oreillys that a ### way to treet us i think parts are parts ill stay with napa and autozone

N  19th of Jul, 2009 by
A company has to account for it's inventory. It can't just take a part you bought at a competitor's store. For example when i was in texas a bar has to get it's alcohol through a licensed distributor. They can't just go to a supermarket and buy a six pack and then bring back to their premises and sell it for $2 a can. That's a crime and they pay a hefty fine for the 1st offense.
So yeah, you can't just take a part from anywhere and then re-sell it. certain states have laws against that. What if a thief brings a stolen part from one store to another. Now your dealing in contraband. Sorry but I'm not paying a fine for anybody. I'm definitly not going to risk my license or going to jail for someone else. They did the right thing. It's not as simple as you want to make it sound.