Pars Cars / lemons

1 Morrow, GA, United States Review updated:

I want everyone to know that pars cars is a scam. They do not inspect their vehicles as stated. I purchased a 2003 montan van and in one week, it started to overheat and they want me to pay towing fee. I took it to my mechanic and they reveal that the oil and water was mixing. I inform pars cars and the van is still in my driveway. I just want them to cancel and pick up the van. I also want all complaints against pars cars so that my lawyer will have more than just my words about pars cars scams. I just want to inform others people who may be thinking about buying from them. Please do not lose you hard earn money.

Ab

Comments

• Pa
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Here is a copy of my
    BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU report

Consumer's Original Complaint:
    We went to Pars Cars on false advertisement of people with bad credit can purchase a car for only 14.9%. They give you 14.9% alright after they jack up the price of the car at least 10 to 15 thousand dollars and payments on a four year old car financed for five years. I Purchased 2005 Chevy Tahoe on 03/6/09, when we got to the dealership we were told we could not test drive a vehicle until we were credit approved. We decided to just leave when another sales person came out and asked if he can help. We test drove 3 vehicles and was taken into the dealership for paper work. we should have left when it took 3 hours of waiting, by this time we were told we need to put money down for the deal to go smooth...this was just so they would have our money and we would not just leave without nothing. After we gave them the deposit of 2500.00 for the vehicle things got even slower. They also told us we were approved for 13, 900. but the price of the suv was actually 26, 900. We were there all day...well over eight hours. They then said the deal was done they just need a thousand dollars more for the deposit..not knowing the price of the vehicle was 26, 900.A total of 3500.00 deposit for a used 4 year old vehicle Once they so called approved us it still took several more hours. They told us that they were going to take off the rims and this was standard for every vehicle they sell. Once we got the suv and took it home..we founded out the tires they put on the suv don't fit...they put the wrong tires on the suv. We then had to call constantly to get someone to fix this problem we finally got some sort of help on this. But to top it off we were not told we had to bring all payments to them in Southlake each time we make a payment... we later founded out that the suv we purchased was under water for some time. We are having to replace all bearings on the front and back wheels of the suv...very expensive..it cost us about 1500.00 just for these repairs on a suv we purchased less than 3 weeks ago.
    DesiredSettlementID: Refund
    Product_Or_Service: Chevy Tahoe
    Purchase_Price: 26900.00

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
    we also want to warn people so that they will not make the same mistake...I tell people to run from Pars Cars...they are the worst people to do business with. Save yourself some headache run

BBB Processing

03/24/2009 web BBB Case Received by BBB
    03/26/2009 lb BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
    03/26/2009 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
    03/26/2009 Otto MAIL Notify Business of Dispute
    04/06/2009 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : April 6, 2009

Better Business Bureau, Inc.
    Rene Menendez
    503 Oak Place, Suite 590
    College Park, Georgia 30349
    RE: Case # 27090997:

Ms. Menendez,
    The vehicle was purchased ''As Is''. This customer signed a binding contract with United Auto Acceptance and was aware of the price of the vehicle before she signed the agreement.
    If you need to contact us or discuss this matter any further, please contact me immediately.
    Regards,
    Tony Bouzari
    Operations Manager
    04/06/2009 lb EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
    04/06/2009 WEB BBB CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO BUSINESS RESPONSE: (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    They took the tires and rims off of the Tahoe and put the wrong size tires on the truck. They deceived us when taking the tires off the truck, that could have cost a major accident.
    They deceived us about the total bottom line price of the truck. I was told that they approved me for 13, 900.00, I didn't know they doubled that price 1.We want those rims and tires back with better tires 2.and a refund for the repairs that was made in less than 30 days. We paid them 3500.00 for a down payment and still have to make major repairs on this truck in less then 30 days, and was told it will completely be put out of commission if they are not made immediately. We want that money back, because we later founded out that the suv we purchased was under water for about 2 years. We are having to replace all bearings on the front and back wheels of the suv...very expensive..it cost us about 1500.00 just for these repairs on a suv we purchased less than 3 weeks ago. The passenger door will not open from the inside. If they cannot do these 2 things we want them to return our 3500.00 and we will return the truck to them. Very dissatisfied customer. Businesses like this should not be allowed to operate, they run scams on innocent hard working people who need a little help getting back on their feet. How can the State of Georgia allow such scams to go on in Georgia?
    04/07/2009 lb MAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
    04/18/2009 WEB BBB RECEIVED BUSINESS' ADDITIONAL RESPONSE : April 18, 2009

Better Business Bureau, Inc.
    Rene Menendez

Operations Manager
    04/22/2009 lb EMAIL Send Business' Rebuttal Response to Consumer

• Mz
      16th of Sep, 2010

I agree with the purchaser of this SUV...I had a similar incident with Pars Cars, they scammed me and it took all day to purchase a vehicle with them also. they told lies and schemed me and later jacked my notes up before wanted to confiscate my vehicle. I paid them lots of money for the vehicle and within a couple of months they were trying to repossess my car. I contacted them and offered to settle the contract with a voluntary return only if the contract was null and void..meaning the money and repairs I paid in exchange for the return of the vehicle...they agreed I typed a letter and had it notorized, returned the vehicle, they assured me it would be a voluntary return...and later hit my credit with a repossession, and had the nerve to send me to collections, and try to bring charges against me for payment. I will never deal with pars cars anymore and i would never refer anyone to them as well as encourage anyone to deal with this dealership. I suggest everyone to look and learn the company before you leap..better yet DON'T LEAP AT ALL WITH THIS DEALERSHIP. THEY ARE A RIPOFF.

• Re
      7th of May, 2011

Sounds like a scam. I am looking at the commercial now and I also looked at their website and noticed that they have no prices on their vehicles. Also they do business with United Auto Acceptance and that's a scam right there.

• Dr
      19th of Jun, 2013
    Pars Cars - Transmission
    6823 Mount Zion Blvd, Morrow, GA, 30260
    Morrow
    Georgia
    parssaysyes.com

Our transmission needs replacing. We have not had the vehicle one week yet. We have taken the car to the service department for 2 days in a row and called the first day. I went to AAMCO and they verified that the transmission is going out. It knocks hard in 4th gear and they seem not hear that when we hear it every time we drive the car. I have filed a BBB complaint and a review on the website. I have been dealing with a couple of nice people like Heidi and Corey and Jerry...but that Rodney at the Mt. Zion location is a liar and I think he start to believe his own lies that he tell so well. It is a hot mess and I will never recommend anyone to go that dealership ever...None of the locations...if our car is repaired I will repost and let you all know...right now its a mess!

• Tg
      20th of Mar, 2014

Scam Scam, do NOT purchase a car from this company...bad transmission would not repair. I would not make another payment. 2 years later Garnishment of my wages. No type of agreement for payments.