Parkview Veterinary Hospital / Rude Service/Animal Disrespect

571 E. Franklin St. # CMonterey, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (831) 372-2672

I had planned on getting my dog fixed but financial situations came about and I hadn't gotten to it before she came into heat.

I did all I could at the moment to keep her from getting bread by my mothers male, from diapers, to keeping them in separate rooms while I was out.

One day I unfortunately made the mistake of leaving them together, but with her diaper on, for about 30 to 45 minutes alone. When i returned home I found her diaper off and she was acting weird, like she was in pain, so I made an appointment to see the vet.

The vet at first was upset that I hadn't gotten her fix, but the surgery, with her was going to be nearly 400 dollars, and as I said, I am not in the greatest financial situation. Anyways, she proceeded to tell me that if she was pregnant I had 2 choices, I could let her go through with the pregnancy or I could get her fixed before she started to show and therefore practically an ABORTION!

I'm sorry, but my dog is like my daughter, and think about it, would you feel disrespected if your doctor told you to make your daughter have an abortion.

But it did not end there, my mother took her dog into the vet a couple days later, and the vet just started to lecture her and tell my mother that she would not approve of letting my dog go through with the pregnancy, that I needed to terminate it immediately. At that moment I just felt disrespected and honestly will NOT go back again.

I understand the importance of fixing an animal, but I will not support an owner forcing their pet into an ABORTION.

I don't even think it is legal.
Co

Comments

Ka
  20th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
By letting your dog have puppies, you are, in effect, euthanizing that same number of puppies. People that would adopt homeless puppies that were already born would be getting yours. In addition, if you think that the cost of a spay is expensive, try the cost of a c-section.
Ma
  9th of Feb, 2012
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If cost was an issue and you wanted to fix her the SPCA offers low cost neutering and spaying. If the doctor gave you the options as any medical doctor should whether you are dealing with people or animals, you being the owner make the final decision as to what to do for your pet. It doesn't sound like the doctor was forcing you to abort the puppies, they gave you the options and spaying a female when pregnant and "aborting" the puppies IS legal. I completely agree with the comment above from K. Allison. I hope the pregnancy went okay and you found good homes for her puppies.