Parker Duofold Pen / Parker Pen not what it used to be

1 2200 Foster AvenueJanesville, WI, United States Review updated:

Parker is not honoring the lifetime warranty that came with my Duofold ballpoint pen. It broke in half as I was using it and they refuse to repair it. After back and forth correspondence, it has become clear that they see things very differently. They claim that the twist mechanism is subject to wear and tear, and therefore is NOT covered by the warranty. When it dies, so does your expensive pen. I never would have purchased such an expensive pen had I known that. To make matters worse, Parker planned poorly and ran out of parts necessary to make repairs. Parker seemed amazed that I was still using the same pen after more than 15 years, yet the warranty that came with it said that it was made to last a lifetime. It seems that they don't really think about what they right UNTIL it comes time for warranty work, then they reinterpret. The warranty that is being issued with newer model Duofolds comes is only for TWO-YEARS and it is filled with many terms and conditions. I'd be surprised if anything were covered and am curious to know how long these pens will last if those MADE TO LAST A LIFETIME fell so short of that goal!

Va

Comments

• Lo
      15th of Jun, 2010

I'm with you.

I have a Duofold Ballpoint that leaked and gummed up the mechanism. They told me it was not under warranty and would cost $66 for a cleaning, exclusive of any parts. Now, in all fairness, I have had the pen nearly twenty years, but the last time a repair was needed the Mechanism was BROKEN and the repair was free. On the previous repair, the lady on the phone told me that the "Clip was the warranty! Send it back and we'll take care of it.!"

The pen only has sentimental value, as it was an award, but still...

• Be
      16th of Dec, 2012

I had the same problem with parker. The twist mechanism on a parker latitude failed after six months. I was told the pen would have to be shipped to France to be repaired.
    At my expense.
    Last time I will buy a pen from those A Holes!!