Park Resorts / Dubious trading practices

In September 2015 my Aunt (75 years old) bought a holiday home at Sandy Bay site on the Northumberland coast near Newbiggin -by- sea at a cost of £10, 000. Unfortunatelf due to a sudden downturn in her health she now finds she can no longer use the caravan. So on 22/03/2016 I approached Park to see about them buying back the van, they had asked for first refusal when she bought it, now I know why!! I was told they could only offer "book"price for that size, make, bedrooms etc, this came to £1, 800 !!! So in 6 months it had devalued by a staggering £8, 200. and as thie interim period had been winter it had only been used 2 or 3 times. The fees have been paid for 2016 in Dec 2015 as per site rules. I am absolutely appalled at the treatment she is recieving, no one answering her calls, if she does get someone they promise to ring back but don't. Now I know how Park at Sandy bay can pay for the new expansion, by scamming people out of their hard earned cash by offering a pittance to buy back caravans which people have invested a lot of money in, then no doubt selling the same vans for another £10, 000 as soon as another customer (mug) comes along. Obviously staff are selected for their lack of concience. D Cowton.

Dc